Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that's built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon's award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world's top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter Job Description
A Senior Email Developer is a seasoned HTML email coder, capable of coding complex emails to the highest standards. Maintains development excellence through the knowledge of email development best practices and digital development innovation. Collaborates with team members across the practice. Maintains knowledge of new industry coding best practices and trends. Provides mentorship and direction to team members through collaboration on active projects. Leads by example through proactive leadership and collaboration across multiple Epsilon teams. Consults as subject matter expert on email development and innovation to internal teams and clients.Responsibilities
Qualifications & General Requirements
- Code HTML and CSS to develop email templates and email contents that might include scripting.
- Complex template development using advanced HTML, CSS, automation tools/Harmony syntax for static and highly customized dynamic projects.
- Provides thought leadership and consultation to account and clients on email best practices, trends, support and innovation.
- Enforce internal and client-specific processes.
- Provides insight and research of innovation and interactive email development trends.
- Onboard new clients. Also provides migration/training plans as necessary.
- Review/modify client code for adherence to internal and industry best practice
- Conduct coding quality assurance testing.
- Code landing pages, forms and other various collateral assets as needed.
- Contributes to training and documentation to email development teams across the practice.
- Works closely with CS & Campaign Execution teams to manage and set expectations as they relate to new projects.
- Reviews assets and provides technical feedback as needed.
- Participates in client meetings. Provides status and manages current coding jobs in the queue.
- Collaborates with team members to create email development LOE & TAT estimates.
- Strong understanding of Email design and development best practices.
- Highly skilled in HTML email table-based development.
- Strong understanding of development techniques such as interactive email development, including advanced CSS & HTML5.
- Strong understanding of emerging email technology similar to but not limited to
- AMP for Email
- Dark Mode for Email
- Interactive/Adaptive Content for email
- Accessibility in Email
- Works independently. Good communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of email wireframe development and automation implementation tools.
- Strong asset review skills & provides direction on client-specific assignments to other developers
- Ability to work in Agile and Scrum environments or project-based work with definitive deadlines
- Detail-oriented and having the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and internal clients
- Willing to continually learn and keep up with industry changes
- Motivated to work in a dynamic, results-oriented, email production environment
- Ability to provide accurate accounting of time, activity and status reporting
- 2 to 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with hand-coding HTML/HTML 5 and CSS
- Experience with using Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with using Adobe Dreamweaver and/or other Code Editing Tools
- Experience with Coding Workflow software Jira, Git etc.
- PC and/or Mac proficient
- Proficient in MS office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Additional InformationGreat People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.