Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $35 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving sophisticated analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or growing efficiency in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Position is Remote based and can be located anywhere in the US.
One of Thermo Fisher Scientific's key growth drivers within the Pharma Services Group over is the ability to improve service offering. The new Advanced Therapies (ATx) business unit includes plasmid manufacturing (MMS), mRNA synthesis and cell-based therapies.
This leadership role is responsible for providing scientific and technical support to accelerate the growth of the Advanced Therapies business unit. This leader will deliver outstanding results through new product launches, industry segment strategies, partnership with key accounts, and field collaboration activities around the globe.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on the ATx portfolio and lead team of SMEs to drive new business adoption across plasmid manufacturing, cell-based and mRNA therapies
- Lead critical initiatives and solutions to streamline customer needs
- Collaborate with marketing team to build content; partner with Commercial leadership to deliver on objectives
- Ensure Thermo Fisher maintains its position as a leader in Sophisticated Therapies through external activities including authoring white papers, communicating webinars and participating in conferences
- Research competitor space Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities for enhanced market position
- Analyze and supervise market dynamics; understand competitive landscape
- Develop strategy and roadmap in conjunction with business unit leadership team
- Work closely with other functional areas within the Company to collaborate, gain support and partnership in execution of platform development, scientific leadership and go to market strategy
- Develop processes to identify gaps in service line offering and work with specific teams to build solutions and roadmaps to improve capabilities
- Represent Thermo Fisher to key partners; manage relationships with clients
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Biological Sciences or Engineering, PhD strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of meaningful experience in industry, academia, or related field with dynamically growing responsibilities.
- 5+ years of direct operational experience in GMP manufacturing of cell-based therapies or mRNA therapeutics. Experience in other GMP support functions such as process development, analytical assay development and MS&T is a plus.
- Deep customer facing experience in a CDMO or similar setting
- Expertise in completing technology transfer of customers' GMP manufacturing process.
- Understanding and experience in working in start-up organizations in cell therapy or mRNA therapy space.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions and observations from scientific advancements, market trends and sales data analysis.
- Ability to plan, gain consensus and implement a project to completion and success.
- Shown success in establishing and cultivating relationships across multiple cross-functional groups within the organization.
- Shown ability to operate independently, with initiative and good business judgment and demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal and time leadership skills.
- Travel estimated at 50% of time, both domestic and international
- Position may require Covid-19 vaccination and/or routine testing, per client discretion
Our distributed team of more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an outstanding combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.