The Thuma team is looking for a remote Senior Director of Performance Marketing to join our Growth Marketing team. We are looking for an individual with a strong analytical and digital marketing background focused on full funnel user acquisition and retention. This role will oversee strategy, execution, optimization, and analysis of performance and life cycle (CRM) marketing. You have experience and a deep understanding of paid advertising across multiple digital and offline channels, marketing attribution and user behavior. You will drive the strategic development of our lifecycle marketing programs with the goal of driving more new customers, increased engagement and stronger retention and lifetime value.
You will help develop the performance strategy to achieve our financial and product targets, while testing aggressively to find the best ways to acquire and re-engage customers. You will lead a team of 4 and a network of agency partners with a sharp focus on delivering profitable growth for the company. Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will be a critical member of the Thuma Marketing Team and a key player in driving results for the company.
While Thuma is based in San Francisco, our team is spread across the country. This role is flexible and can be San Francisco based or fully remote.Key Responsibilities:
This Might Describe You:
- Own the acquisition and retention marketing strategy, and manage a multi-million dollar budget across SEM, Paid Social, TV, Podcast, Direct Mail, Email, SMS and future growth channels
- Primary responsibility is managing media budgets against P+L targets for CAC, LTV and returning customer rates
- Own the Lifecycle Marketing roadmap and develop email and SMS marketing strategies to support onboarding, engagement, and retention, and upgrade/cross-promote programs
- Work closely with the analytics team to build a world-class performance marketing engine across tracking, attribution, and optimization
- Lead customer communication across email, text loyalty and referral programs
- Understand and measure success of each channel and lead reporting efforts to track results on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis ensure we are allocating budget wisely
- Develop and test new channels creating a channel-agnostic and diversified strategy to mitigate business risks and maximize efficient revenue
- Collaborate with and complement the work of our full Marketing Team(Brand, PR, Ecommerce, Analytics, etc.) to ensure we're achieving maximum results
- Partner with analytics and finance teams to ensure Marketing budgets are accurately forecasted and driving a profitable return
- Work closely with the executive team to ensure strategic alignment
Why Join Us:
- 7+ years experience in acquisition, performance and life cycle or CRM marketing, with direct oversight of SEM, paid social, display, TV, email and funnel optimization
- 3+ years of experience building and leading a team
- Experience managing a large budget with a track record of growing marketing investment on a measurable basis at scale
- Experience owning the evaluation, implementation and testing of new channels
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills. Analyzing data combined with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate findings to all levels throughout the organization
- Willingness to be deep in the details while also being able to create and communicate higher level strategy
- Success in managing agencies and other external partners to receive optimal value
- Excellent communication skills; listening, written and oral communication skills and comprehensive people management skills.
- A naturally curious, self-starter who is willing to take measured risks
- Competitive Compensation Package: participation in employee stock option plan, and generous 401(k) matching, cell phone reimbursement
- Health: Comprehensive health, dental, + vision coverage and sponsored membership at One Medical Discount Program
- Dream Setup:MacBook, Airpod Pros, Magic Mouse, Magic Keyboard, Display Screen, White board
- Flex Time:Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done
- Flexible PTO:We believe healthy, happy, relaxed people do better work
- HQ:SF based HQ, you can either come into the office or work remotely
- Quality Sleep:A complimentary bed in your choice of size + color
Who We Are:
Thuma is a bedroom lifestyle brand, offering customers Bed Time essentials and amenities designed to celebrate life's simple pleasures through thoughtful elevated design, quality craftsmanship, and modern convenience.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of knowledge and are talented beyond the scope of a functional role. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description. We hire for integrity, initiative, collaborative spirit, open mindedness, and willingness to learn.
Thuma is dedicated to going above and beyond to bring people with diverse perspectives and unique experiences together to do great work. We strive to create a sense of belonging by creating an inclusive culture where everyone can be their authentic self and by treating each and every team member with kindness, equity, and respect, always.