The Clinical Services, Patient Concierge, and REMS Support Group is an exciting, fast-paced and fast-growing area within Med Comm, providing specialized solutions for pharmaceutical industry clients in three main areas:
- Clinical Trial Contact Center Support: Providing general inquiry handling, initial inclusion/exclusion screening for eligibility, site referrals, and triage services
- Patient Concierge Support: An outreach service using specialized, highly trained dedicated nonclinical staff to improve clinical trial outcomes via patient/caregiver outreach, support and education, appointment and medication reminders, and coordination with other retention services (travel, reimbursement) to increase compliance and persistency and decrease sites' administrative responsibilities
- Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) Contact Center Support: Providing full contact center services consisting of, but not limited to, patient and prescriber surveys, prescriber, pharmacy, and pharmacist certification activities, enrollment form processing, and issue escalation
Oversee the Strategy, Client engagement, and the Operational & Financial delivery of these service areas. Mentors and supports Associate Directors, Directors and other members of their project teams. Collaborates crossfunctionally with other departments to meet overall business objectives. Provides global strategic direction, leadership and management across multiple programs. Ensures existing clients are more than satisfied by seeking excellence in delivering high quality, value-added services to PPD Medical Communications' clients. Ensures execution of deliverables meet time, quality and cost expectations.Essential Functions:
Qualifications:Education and Experience:
- Directs the division and cultivates a supportive, motivating and collaborative work environment and also builds an effective and productive team focused on overall corporate objectives.
- Ensures projects are properly resourced, managed, and executed and develops verifiable project goals for Associate Directors.
- Oversees and/or coordinates new project implementation. Works closely with client contact(s) during project implementation and develops working rapport.
- Maintains a working client relationship with open lines of communication for the life of the project.
- Collaborates closely with Business Development in the areas of proposals/contracts, client presentations, and maintains client relationships.
- Develops business unit strategy.
- Oversees salary administration, performance management, conflict resolution, recruiting, and mentoring for Directors, Associate Directors and other direct reports.
- Ensures quality objectives are met and oversees audit preparedness, appropriate response to internal and external audits, addressing and correcting of audit findings; responding to client feedback; and development of and compliance with SOP's.
- Manages overall budget activity for divisional area(s): ensures profitiability for divisional area(s); tracks projects' success in achieving financial targets; determines the resource needs and ensures correct revenue forecast.
- Drives a culture of immediate action and proactive escalation.
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 15+ years).
- Experience in Clinical Research Operations, Patient Engagement Services, and/or REMS (Risk Evaluation & Mitgation Strategies)
- 7+ years of management responsibility
- Advanced leadership skills
- Education may be substituted in lieu of some years of experience for advanced degrees such as Pharm.D, Ph.D. MS and MD.
In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thourough knowledge of budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skill
- Excellent time management skills
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to coach and mentor staff
- Ability to work in a team environment and/or independently as needed
Director role with significantly larger management scope (e.g. global or regional responsibilities or multiple departments) OR mastery of director skills and responsibilities as demonstrated by consistent, multi-year successful performance. Directs through subordinate management. In some instances may be responsible for a functional area (as determined by executive management) and not have subordinate supervisors or employees. May manage employees across multiple regions.
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details