Accountable for the Profit and Loss, retention and up-selling of additional membership/markets and/or products, of the assigned account(s), specifically one or more of the key strategic, large, or high risk accounts. Accountable for building strategic relationships with customers, particularly the relationships with senior customer management, and setting and carrying out account growth and retention strategies. Develops relationships with other account stakeholders that support achievement of strategic alignment. Partners with and coordinates internal company resources to achieve business objectives, maintain account satisfaction, and ensure that Magellan's products and services support customers' needs while achieving acceptable margins. Key accounts will typically require strategic alignment with the Corporate division and alignment with local markets.
- Owns overall account satisfaction for all assigned accounts.
- Develops strong relationships with key customers, specifically with the senior leadership of the customers at the Corporate and Local Market levels
- Provides support and coaching to team members.
- Works to develop employees' skills, evaluates performance and provides feedback, and oversees resolution of employee relations issues.
- Manages a high caliber team of employees.
- Trains employees on products, policies and procedural changes and effectively orients new employees.
- Develops strong relationships and contacts within the company that are supportive of the achievement of customer service requirements including attainment of performance guarantees and minimization of performance penalty expense.
- Fully versed in all aspects of the contracts with assigned customers as well as ensuring ongoing contract performance through risk management activities including assurance of Service Level Agreement performance in Care Management Centers (CMC) and Shared Services, assurance of accuracy of claims payment and administrative policies, rate maximization through ongoing benefit analysis and adherence to requirements of the accounts legal and regulatory environment.
- Creates and maintains strategic partnerships with customers through the development and implementation of strategic business plans that result in long term retention of profitable relationships.
- Ensures all Customer and Account-Facing services are provided in a consistent and timely fashion.
- Ensures that their team resolves or appropriately escalates customer service issues in conjunction with operations (claims, service, systems).
- Prepares and presents Joint Operating Committee (JOC) reports for assigned accounts or for area of specialty.
- Supports their team by attending face-to-face meetings with their customers as needed.
- Opportunity Development:
- Aggressively drives up-sell and renewal activities across assigned account(s). For new business and renewals, negotiates rates and contractual terms with customers that result in improved revenue.
- Seeks and identifies products and service requirements based on a thorough understanding of each customers strategic business goals and the strategic business direction of the product set.
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge of ALL company products and how multiple products are interdependent within the customer contract deliverables and clinical outcomes.
- Book of Business and Financial Management:
- Ensures revenue goals are met, cost of care and administrative expenses managed, and (Earnings before Interest, Depreciation, Taxes and Amortization) EBIDTA targets achieved for the assigned account(s)
- Develops and maintains contract compliance tool for periodic assessment of company performance to customer requirements (including performance standards, etc.).
- Positions the assigned book of business strategically to achieve objectives, including growth requirements, retention requirements, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Proposes final pricing and product description for products sold to existing accounts.
- Manages risks and develop opportunities associated with underwritten rates.
- Implementation and Project Planning:
- Ensures planning, execution and follow up for key meetings and projects including management of staff responsible for project management of new program and new customer implementations.
- Effectively develops and executes risk mitigation plans for issues that present risks to the effective implementation of new customers and/or programs.
- Serves as the liaison with senior management regarding implementation strategy and risk management.
- Provides senior oversight in the management and coordination of the various stakeholders across the SBU, the company shared services areas and the customer to successfully implement new programs.
- Develops infrastructure, processes, reports, presentations and other materials to effectively manage large scale new customer onboarding.
- Tracks, monitors and follows the progress of projects, action items, and strategies originating from leadership.
- Ensures that appropriate follow-up actions are taken.
- Participate in the sales process to effectively demonstrate the companys implementation approach and experience
- Functions as the liaison with organization leadership. Works closely and facilitates communication with the leadership and executive management team within the SBU as well as across the shared services areas.
#LI-PA1Other Job RequirementsResponsibilities
General Job InformationTitle
- 10+ years' broad-based Health Care experience, including account management.
- 8+ years of sales/account management specialty products and services experience/knowledge.
- 8+ years' direct supervisory experience.
- Will substitute an additional 5 or more years of account management, sales or marketing experience in lieu of a formal degree.
- Business and organization knowledge.
- Teamwork building skills.
- Quantifiable business results.
- Service oriented (External and Internal).
- Flexible and adaptable.
Senior Director, Account Management (Remote- West Region)Grade
Account Management, Healthcare, Management/Leadership, SalesEducation
A Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors (Required), MastersLicense and Certifications - RequiredLicense and Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.