Senior Software Developer (Progress OpenEdge / Dynamics)
Would suit someone with a background in Warehouse Management and Supply Chain Logistics, that has had vast experience working within a team for a software house, developing and supporting complex systems that are used to operate within a fast moving environment 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
Requires interface with customers and other team members. May involve travel to customer sites.
Customer requirements gathering and product details development specifications both at technical and non-technical levels
Our product is installed on premise as well as cloud based, both as Windows Application and Web Browser based.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Application development of the Proteus WMS application
· Effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Work collaboratively with project manager and project team to deliver projects on time, on budget, on schedule.
· Submit time and expenses punctually each week.
· Maintain a professional appearance if onsite with customers.
Incident Resolution - 2nd/3rd line
· Provide expert solutions to complex customer problems in a timely manner by receiving, clarifying and investigating incidents.
· Take ownership of and follow-through with all priority customer incidents.
· Offer complete and timely explanations to customers throughout the incident resolution process and ensure that customers' staff fully understand issue, its resolutions and means for prevention.
· Clearly and concisely document all customer interaction and all steps taken to resolve incidents.
· Observe trends and recommend improvements to product design, documentation or implementation and create necessary enhancement requests.
· Work with R&D and product line team to expedite incident resolution and ensure seamless delivery of support service to customers.
· Determine when issues need to be escalated.
· Set severity levels with customers.
· May be assigned escalated tickets.
· Expand expertise within the product.
· Attend training sessions offered and use self-study tools; assist with peer training as needed.
· Contribute to a customer focused environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross-training and an absolute focus on resolving customer incidents as quickly and effectively as possible.
· Create KB articles and documents using the Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) methodology, to be published and shared both internally and with the customer base.
· Ensure that all internal and external customer interactions are handled professionally and with the highest level of service, follow-through and consistently keep commitments.
· Ensure a professional communication manner at all times, whether in-person or on the phone.
· Participates in system and release testing and QA as needed.
· Recommend improvements in Customer Solutions policies and procedures.
· Additional duties as assigned by management.
· Commercial software application development experience of business-critical applications which operate in a 24/7/365 environment using at its core Progress OpenEdge and Progress Dynamics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Understanding of the full development life cycle (SDLC), including Design, Development, Testing and Release.
· Progress OpenEdge 4GL 11/12 (ADM2), AppBuilder, WebClient, WebSpeed and Database Administration/Tuning
· Progress Dynamics Framework (Dynamic Objects, Application Design/Building Development of new and updating of existing containers)
· Progress Developer Studio/OpenEdge Projects
· Progress Classic AppServer & PASOE
· Web Server (IIS/Apache)
· Angular JS
· Rest API
· Visual Studio Code
Desired Skills include the following:
· Understanding of Warehouse operations and/or Warehouse Management Systems
· Understanding of the full development life cycle (SDLC), including Design, Development, Testing and Release
· Use of Source Code Control Systems (Roundtable would be most desirable)
· Design/Develop PDF documentation/reports (using PDF Include would be most desirable)
· Barcode Label Printing including ZPL/EPL
· Experience using Hand Scanners and Barcode Printers (specially Zebra)
· Integration Methodologies including, but not exclusive to XML, CSV, EDIFACT, JSON, FTP, Rest API's
· Integration to Carriers including, but not exclusive to DPD, DHL, UPS
· Integration to ERP systems (i.e. SAP, SAGE etc.)
· Integration to E-Commerce system (i.e. Amazon, eBay etc.)
· Comfortable working directly with customers
· Attention to detail
· Adherence to deadlines
· Efficient time management
· Ability to prioritise