Senior DevSecOps Engineer - REMOTE Senior Cloud Engineer - Kubernetes Responsibilities
Job Requirements: Qualifications
- Design, implement, and maintain a secure and scalable infrastructure platform hosting a myriad of services for a global SaaS organization
- Own and ensure the internal and external SLA's meet and exceed expectations
- Create tools for automating deployment, monitoring, and operations of the platform
- Troubleshoot production incidents that often span across multiple teams, services, and codebases
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of internal tools to improve system health and reliability
- Participate in an on-call rotation that supports our production infrastructure
- Continue to develop our expanding IaC repository with the mentality of automate everything
- Review system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management.
- Develop documentation for new and/or existing systems.
- Always be willing to help others on the team and provide training and technical guidance
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology
- Participate in special projects as required
- Strong understanding of distributed systems and microservices, and a familiarity with Kubernetes (primarily Azure Kubernetes Service)
- Comfortable in at least one high-level scripting language (PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.), and the desire and willingness to continuously expand your toolset
- Experience with declarative configuration management languages (we use Terraform, Packer, PowerShell DSC, etc.)
- Must have excellent knowledge and troubleshooting skills with web technologies such as IIS, Apache, NGINX, various DBs inc. SQL, layer-7 firewalls, proxies, static content offloading, caching, CDNs, etc.
- Experience building and supporting the production infrastructure of a large-scale SaaS application
- Hands-on experience with APM and other monitoring tools - we use Datadog
- Excellent facilitator with the ability to act as an emergency response task force lead
- 5+ years experience in SRE, DevOps, or Systems Engineering roles for large-scale SaaS organization
- Associate (2-year) degree, Bachelor (4-year) degree preferred in the field of CS or IT or equivalent work experience
- Desired certifications include: Security, Kubernetes, Cloud, CI/CD related
Why Work for us?
We're passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place.
We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression !
We take care of our employees. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.