At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
At Edward Jones our DevOps enablement group is focused on enabling the adoption of public cloud. This group is laser focused on setting the tone for efficient workload assessment, establishment of a governance model and creating synergy with product teams to allow decentralized deployments into the cloud. In the Cloud Engineering role, you will be expected to enable the "you build it, you run it" mantra through the development of rapid service integrations and a steady focus on automation. A key focus for this role will be the establishment of an Infrastructure-as-Code deployment model that helps realize the speed that comes from the utilization of native cloud services. This role will bring you into contact with a diverse array of stakeholders from each area of the Technology division and will require solid collaboration skills as well as a belief in continuous improvement. This is an exceptional challenge and opportunity for someone who is excited for rapid change and continuous learning.
Responsibility Summary :
Assumes the responsibilities of a Technical Architect II plus:
- Enterprise wide architect, responsible for complete overall solutions delivered.
- Serves as one of the primary technical leaders for the IS Division. Undertakes the most complex IT projects involving multiple disciplines or layers, some of which impact multiple business units.
- Actively participates in overall leadership of the company and makes final technical recommendations to Senior peers.
- Establishes partnerships in the IS community abroad.
- Actively monitor the competitive landscape for new players and participates in industry forums, technical conferences and standards groups as the technical leader for the company.
- Be the key liaison with external business partners supporting R&D efforts and ensure strategic partners deliver on commitments and key milestones.
- Represents Information Systems during complex contract negotiations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS preferred or related work experience.
- Must be able to design and develop IT architecture solutions to support firm business strategies.
- Must be able to solve technical challenges in critical situations that require immediate resolution.
- Expert in our system and business operations.
- Expert in the teams systems and processes and technical lead in technologies related to or dependent on the team.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in designing, developing and delivering application solutions for enterprise level development and integration projects.
- Proven knowledge in architecting the deployment of Microsoft's Azure services
- Experience in automation, configuration management and deployment of enterprise scale infrastructures using Ansible, Terraform or ARM
- Adept in the deployment of data platforms in a cloud ecosystem utilizing common security benchmarks such as CIS and NIST
- Knowledge of configuring monitoring solutions and the creation of dashboards (Dynatrace, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Experience with both Linux and Windows environments and scripting languages - bash, python, Ruby, Powershell, etc.
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $126903 - $216079