We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas or take over sponsorship at this time.
About the role:
The Data Engineering, Warehouse, and Operations Team effectively and sustainably builds data strategy and provides data solutions and tools across the organization. We integrate, transform, and improve volumes of data at the project or enterprise level for streamlined processes, greater efficiencies, and smarter, more informed decision-making. This team is high-energy, dynamic and in a business-critical domain space. This role is an opportunity to make a real difference in the data space, and we need confident, experienced people eager to bring in solutions, with a demonstrated ability to learn fast and make that happen.
Experience designing, developing, and working with dimensional models is a must.
- 8+ years of strong databases and SQL experience
- Strong experience in data warehousing methodologies
- Experience leading projects/teams from conception to completion, in fast paced dynamic environments
- 6+ years of experience in the design and implementation of ETL/ELT frameworks for complex data mart projects
- Hands-on experience in architecting, designing, implementing, and maintaining multi-layered SQL and Python processes
- Experience working with Relational Database Management Systems, including PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MySQL, RDS, and Cloud Data Warehouses such as Snowflake and AWS Redshift
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or related study is preferred
- Nice to have: AWS and/or Snowflake Certifications
- Opportunity to lead technical initiatives by architecting the solution and collaborating with team members and peers to execute the solution
- Act diligently to respond to urgent projects and tasks
- Troubleshooting discrepancies in existing databases, data pipelines, warehouses, and reporting
- Collaborating with principals, peers, leadership, and the business
- Work as a “full stack” Data Engineer contributing to each phase of the SDLC, building a new pipeline between two data sources or working with the business to design and develop a new dashboard
- Advise on best practices and innovative designs/solutions
- Perform other functions as assigned by management to support the operation of the business