Groove is the leading sales engagement platform for enterprises using Salesforce. Built for the needs of relationship-based sellers, Groove increases rep productivity, drives Salesforce adoption, and provides revenue leaders with key insights to know what's driving their business. Because Groove is Salesforce native, it has the most advanced activity capture in the industry, ensuring that revenue teams can rely on accurate reporting and forecasting, lowered compliance risk, and streamlined administration. Whether it's automating CRM data entry or empowering reps to generate pipeline and close more deals, Groove gives reps 20% of their week back to focus on high-value activities.
Over 70,000 people use Groove at some of the world's largest and fastest-growing companies, including Google, BBVA, Atlassian, Uber, and Capital One. Groove has ranked #1 in customer satisfaction on G2 in five sales technology categories and has made the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing privately held companies in the U.S. for three years in a row. To learn more, visit .
About the Role
Groove is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our Data Science and Machine Learning (DS/ML) team. The DS/ML team builds mathematical and behavioral economics models underpinning Groove's Sales Strategy Execution solutions for actionable analytics and behavioral intelligence. The set of problems that we tackle is incredibly diverse and complex. They cut across optimization, prediction, modeling, inference, and behavioral science. We research and develop the algorithms and models that make our solution intelligent, as well as implementing, scaling, and maintaining the code that powers our production systems.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker with experience and background in the sales technology domain, passionate about solving mathematical and behavioral problems with data, and is excited about working in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment.
* Work with Data Scientists, Product Managers, Customer Success and Services teams to frame a problem, both mathematically and within the business context
* Write prototype and production-level code; collaborate with Engineering team to implement algorithms in production and productize common solutions
* Perform exploratory data analysis to gain a deeper understanding of the problem
* Construct and fit statistical, machine learning and optimization models
* Utilize commonly used computing and database environments to get the data that you need and implement a working prototype of the formulated model.
* Learn and apply new methodologies in the intersection of applied math / probability / statistics / machine learning / computer science.
* Make intelligent approximations to the model if required to make it scalable.
* Analyze experimental and observational data; communicate findings; facilitate launch decisions
* Identify data sources that could be used to test assumptions
* 5+ years of relevant experience with proven track record of developing algorithms for production ready recommendation or prediction systems using languages and big data platforms such as Scala, Python, R, Java, Spark, Cassandra, and Hadoop
* Proficient in an agile software development environment
* Passion for solving unstructured and non-standard mathematical and behavioral problems
* End-to-end experience with data, including querying, aggregation, analysis, and visualization
* Experience implementing machine learning algorithms
* Experience with analytics for sales engagement and sales enablement analyses a big plus
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, being able to explain complex problems and the solutions applied, feeling comfortable in being part of the sales process, supporting the sales team, engaging with customers and presenting technical solutions to a nontechnical audience
* Experience in data science and data analytics for technology, financial services, and other industries especially in GTM strategy and execution a big plus
* High-energy self-starter with a passion for your work, attention to detail, and a positive attitude
* Great team player, willingness to collaborate and communicate with others to solve a problem
* M.S. or Ph.D. in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative disciplines with at least 2 years of experience for PhD and at least 5 years of experience for M.S.
* Medical/dental/vision insurance
* Life Insurance
* Flexible PTO
* Paid holidays
* Stock options
* 401k match
* Encouraged training and opportunity for advancement
* Company wide team building retreats & virtual events
* Fun, collaborative, and balanced culture
Our Culture and Core Values
Our values speak volumes about who we are, both as individuals and as a team. At Groove, we put our team before ourselves and are dedicated to ensuring that our teammates are happy and satisfied, both in their careers and their work environment. We are a team of high-performers that operate in a culture of empathy and transparency, with a natural curiosity to continually grow. We put the team before ourselves, care more and enjoy the journey above all else. These are only a few of the reasons that we have a five-star rating on Glassdoor.
Groove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We offer highly competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible PTO, and a matching 401K.
If this sounds like your next ideal career move, we would love to hear from you.
Groove is committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. All submitted resumes, regardless of location, will be deleted after 1 year.
A note about remote work / COVID19 -
We've always had multiple locations so working/collaborating remotely has always been a part of our DNA. Like many others, since the global pandemic hit, we've transitioned our physical offices to everyone working from home. We've found that it has not affected our productivity and have become more remote oriented as a result.
This specific role is one of the first fully remote positions and we're excited to see what new talent we can bring into Groove from new locations in Ireland and the US!