Holmusk, a 2019 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, is a data science and digital therapeutics company dedicated to establishing objective evidence as a core utility to the treatment of behavioral health diseases. Our proprietary technology leverages analytic and digital tools to prevent, manage and reverse treatable diseases.
Holmusk is hiring an experienced Data Engineer to join their team in a full-time remote position. This individual will work closely with product, engineering, clinical, and analytics leads to develop ETL necessary to map raw clinical data to a Common Data Model, driving our provider analytics solutions.
This position requires initiative, independence, and the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to perform a wide variety of responsibilities. Strong communication skills are an asset that will be helpful while working closely with various teams across the company.
- Oversee the mapping of complex clinical data to a common data model designed to support the development of real-time clinical decision support systems
- Work with US behavioral health systems to investigate and ingest data from different source systems (primarily electronic health records (EHRs) to drive analytic insights
- Analyze and map EHR data to a common data model
- Create technical and infrastructure requirements, documentation, and reports, and convert these specifications into ETL pipelines
- Work with health systems on enhancing data exchange and systems integration using best practices
- Support engineering, product, and clinical functions to identify and evaluate high-value analytic opportunities for the behavioral health market
- Mentor and support other analysts on best-practices for mapping, extracting, and maintaining clinical data assets
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent quantitative
- 3-5+ years of experience in a data and analytics role
- Experience working with and extracting values from large, disconnected and or unstructured datasets.
- Advanced SQL skills is a must
- Experience and expertise with SQL database design, data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Expertise in developing complex and well-structured scripts and queries in SQL
- Experience in building algorithms and prototypes and perform complex data analysis
- Experience in design and implement ETL procedures for intake of data from both internal and external sources, as well as ensure data is verified and quality is checked
- Carry out monitoring, tuning, and database performance analysis
- Proven ability to translate business needs, processes, and requirements into optimized data solutions
- Demonstrated experience in managing the technical documentation for all code, data definitions, and data management applications.
- Understanding of medical codes including ICD, LOINC, NDC, CPT
- Experience in scripting for automation (e.g., Python)
- Working knowledge of HIPAA privacy standards is a plus
- Experience working with OMOP common data model is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines is a plus
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures, and data sets is a plus
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment
At Holmusk we take pride in our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe it takes all kinds of people to build the best products and bring real change to the healthcare space.