The Data and Analytics team is a nimble and highly impactful team that provides critical guidance, insights, and strategic frameworks to the senior leaders responsible for our various functions and business units. As an integral part of the team, the Senior Data Analyst will help us extract meaning from large volumes of data necessary to make informed business decisions. The Senior Data Analyst will be instrumental in setting the team vision, strategy and roadmap and work alongside stakeholders in the organization to make this happen.
The Senior Data Analyst works with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and partners with business leaders to answer key business questions. They are responsible for requirements gathering, report design/authoring, ad-hoc analysis, quality assurance and documenting artifacts related to the report development lifecycle. The Senior Data Analyst utilizes strong business and technical knowledge to ensure the highest level of service and efficiency for the customer. This role may provide leadership and supervisory oversight to others.General Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Execute the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Translate general reporting requests from the business into data requirements, acquire data from multiple sources, and develop reports to satisfy the immediate business need, with a strategic focus on anticipating future needs.
- Work with business partners to translate data related questions into structured analyses and share findings of analyses in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Lead the development of new methodologies to move our analytics capabilities forward.
- Leverage sufficient understanding of the business and strategy to provide business recommendations to business units including (but not limited to) Marketing, Business Development, Recruitment Teams, Student Support, Partnerships and Finance.
- Collaborate within a team environment to develop relevant and repeatable policies and procedures for preparing business reports and departmental processes.
- Define the data elements and data structure that our team should leverage to enable analytical and reporting capabilities for our business development team.
- Work with engineering and data warehouse to appropriately capture and store key data points.
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
- Preparing and delivering business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the areas of data analysis, analytics and data programs.
- Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions
- 7-9 years of experience in designing and authoring reports/dashboards using Tableau (or similar tools like Looker, Power BI, Qlik) is required.
- 3-4 years of experience working with Salesforce
- 5-7 years of experience writing complex queries using SQL (preferably Google Big Query)
- Prior experience with Data Science languages like Python, and/or R is highly desirable
- Advanced experience working with analytics models like multi-touch attribution (MTA), workforce optimization, forecasting, lead scoring, customer retention etc.
- Analytics experience in machine learning and predictive modelling is highly desired
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team setting and shifting priorities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions
- Experience with Higher Education is highly desired
May provide supervision and have oversight of others.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose - to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world's leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racistcompany in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson's commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.Job:
GENERAL BUSINESS OPERATIONSOrganization: