Job Summary (Primary function)
The Sr Cybersecurity Analyst engineers and optimizes the variety of security tools that are in place. The Analyst works closely with the business, infrastructure and other IT teams to conduct security reviews, vulnerability assessments and remediation and other cybersecurity initiatives
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
- Configure, implement, document and manage security tools including Network Security, End-Point Security, SIEM, DLP, IRM, Email, security awareness and training, patch management and IAM solutions.
- Conduct automated and manual vulnerability assessment and penetration testing and work with various teams on remediation.
- Provide system hardening guidelines for hardware, network and systems software and conduct assessments for gaps.
- Provide guidance on security controls and best Practices for on premise and cloud-based solutions to IT and business teams.
- Conduct security review of infrastructure and business application initiatives.
- Research new tools and technologies as requested, evaluate options and provide recommendations
- Perform security investigations and document the findings and recommendations for complex incidents, determining the cause of the security incident, resolution and preserving forensic evidence as needed.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement of security related processes.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- 7+ years proven experience as Cybersecurity Analyst or engineer.
- Knowledge of networking protocols and technologies and network security architecture and engineering.
- Knowledge of cloud (AWS, Azure, Oracle) and on-premise security and related technologies.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with End-Point Security, SIEM, DLP, IRM, vulnerability assessment and patch management.
- In-depth understanding of risk and vulnerability mitigation.
- Knowledge of security standards and guidelines from NIST and SANS.
- Hands-on administrative experience with Windows Server, Linux, Oracle DB and SQL/Server technologies.
- Basic Knowledge of ITIL.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must be self-starter and work well independently, as well as within a team environment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
- provided by Dice