Legal at Brex
The Legal team helps the company grow responsibly, advocating for Brex and for the thousands of growing businesses we serve. We provide strategic advice and guidance to all Brex teams, protect Brex, advise on risk, and represent the company externally, negotiating with partners and interacting with regulators. Reimagining the financial system in a highly regulated environment requires creativity and resourcefulness, and we welcome the challenge.
What you'll do
You will help us bring our products to market. You’ll determine requirements by working with outside counsel and consultants around the globe, provide strategic advice on risk and regulatory ambiguity, and collaborate directly with stakeholders, including product, engineering, marketing, sales, and partnerships, to find creative solutions to business issues.
- Provide pragmatic, actionable advice on requirements for existing and new products
- Have significant experience counseling at all stages of the product lifecycle; be a good partner for early scoping, then provide rapid and tailored advice through and after launch
- Analyze laws and trends and help our product teams ensure compliance with the same
- Advise the company, including executive leadership, on key legal issues
- Draft customer agreements and online terms that meet regulatory requirements
- Advise on product and marketing collateral, customer communications, and disclosures - we value clear, concise, and customer-friendly writing style
- Structure and draft partnership and commercial agreements with regulatory interfaces
- Ownership mentality and comfort working on complex matters that require judgment
- Project management skills to stay on top of a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in, and passion for, working with EPD (engineering, product, design) and operational stakeholders
- 8+ years working experience in a combination of law firms and fintech companies
- Deep familiarity with U.S. and international laws and regulations that can apply to fintech products and services, such as GLBA, ECOA, and FCRA
- Demonstrated experience in payments, lending, banking, card network rules, and/or global expansion is strongly preferred
- Law degree and admitted to practice in at least one jurisdiction
The expected salary range for this role is $224,000 - $280,000. However, the starting base pay will depend on a number of factors including the candidate’s location, skills, experience, market demands, and internal pay parity. Depending on the position offered, equity and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package.