United States of AmericaLocation:
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52 USA
We are seeking a Contracts Manager to join our Mission Systems team. We are open to remote candidates. This position is for an Contracts professional with knowledge and a technical expertise in contracts administration. Creates proposals, negotiated, and completes contracts. Provides guidance on contract administration and monitors analyses and coaches less experienced staff. Recommends and process improvements to processes to enhance department performance and effectiveness.Primary Responsibilities:
- Drafts, generates, interprets and manages largest and sometimes sensitive and complex contract documents and proposals, in accordance with internal and external customer schedules and requests, to ensure these documents properly reflect business objectives.
- Directs analysis and prepares reports, as required, to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Coaches and guides junior professionals, as required, and reviews their work to ensure output is of quality and in accordance with business objectives.
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to ensure contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Manages small- to medium-sized projects.
- Advises and represents the organization on legal issues concerning contractual matters, coordinating with the Office of General Counsel review, as required.
- Creates proposals, negotiates and executes contracts.
- Provides legal advice on warranty (if applicable) and contract administration.
- Prepares legal documentation for legal and contract negotiations and relationships.
- Prepares legal applications for warranty (if applicable) and new contracts, as needed.
- Maintains historical legal records.
- Advises on Data Rights and Intellectual Property matters and interfaces with the Intellectual Property group, as required.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Ability to achieve a Secret or Top Secret security clearance preferable.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other propel us all higher, again and again.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms