Are you looking for an innovative company to make an impact at? Do you have experience managing Government Contracting?
Ripple Effect is looking for a Senior Contracts Manager with 9 years of experience to support our client’s mission. This role will work closely with the Ripple Effect team and our contracting partners to manage the contracting lifecycle, from pre-proposal to contract close-out. This person will be responsible for evaluating contract risk, negotiations, communications with government agencies and subcontractors, and overseeing the maintenance of our contracts system.
If this position sounds of interest, there’s a place for you here at Ripple Effect! We are a diverse, progressive, and engaging work environment. We offer a multitude of incentives and flexible work options that work for you and your lifestyle.
- Evaluate contract terms and conditions proposed by our customers and teammates to assess the inherent risk to Ripple Effect. Communicate risk and recommend mitigation to Senior Management.
- Using existing templates, prepare and support negotiations of Master Service Agreements, NDAs, teaming agreements, and subcontracts in support of business partnerships, vendors, subcontractors, and purchase contracts. Work with business leaders to ensure deadlines and terms and conditions are met.
- Support proposal preparation by reviewing and understanding government solicitation’s requirements including any required representations and certifications, information to support past-performance disclosures, and required flowed-down clauses to subcontractors.
- Supervise a contract administrator and provide mentoring and other development opportunities.
- Oversee the contract administrator’s set-up and maintenance of contract information in our ERP including management of contract and subcontract files to ensure compliance and that a complete set of electronic documents is maintained.
- Lead the renewal process for various GWAC, IDIQ, and BPA schedules including annual extensions and option year exercises.
- Will be expected to have a working level knowledge of the ERP system and be able to advise the company on proper contact setup. Training will be provided.
- Serve as point of contact with the government on various contractual communications including change order modifications and GSA schedule mass modifications.
- Develop company procedures, forms, and templates, as needed, to improve the Ripple Effect contracting process. Keep policies and procedures up to date to support the business and external certifications (e.g., ISO, CMMI).
- Research contract language, regulations, terms, and conditions, in particular the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), GSA contract regulations, or similar State/Local Regulations or policies to provide compliance guidance to the business team.
- Support monitoring and reporting of contract performance, including contract funding and periods of performance.
- Assist the project team to identify work scope risk and process changes and requests for equitable adjustment, as required.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
Ripple Effect rewards our employees for their contributions to our mission in many ways, from competitive pay and exceptional benefits to a range of work/life programs based on your employment classification and personalized preferences.
Ripple Effect is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, political affiliation, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the hiring process, please let us know by contacting our HR department at HR@rippleeffect.com or your recruiter. Eligibility for employment will be verified using E-verify.Requirements
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting, or another related area
- 9 years of relevant experience
- 5 years of Government Contracting Experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to confidently work in an ERP system and oversee/maintain the contract set up and information in the contract module.
- Strong working knowledge of and ability to advise on various types of government contracts including T&M, FFP, FFP/LOE, cost-type, GWAC, IDIQ, BPA.
- Experience with overall contract support including reviewing, drafting, negotiating, and translating contractual information to understand and communicate inherent contract risk.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Highly organized, efficient, and very detail oriented.
- Ability to work productively with fully integrated, online Microsoft Products (i.e SharePoint, Excel, and Outlook) to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers, and external partners.
To be successful at Ripple Effect, you must be able to pay attention to details, clearly communicate, work independently, and have an eagerness to learn. Learn more about what it takes to become a Rippler here.
Skills That Set You Apart
- Experience with ERP accounting software. JAMIS is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to come into the office for occasional meetings
- 5 or more years working as a contract professional for a non-government entity.
- Certification from the National Contract Management Association (CFCM, CCCM, or CPCM) or JD Degree.
If you don’t have all of the skills above, don’t be discouraged—no resume paints a complete picture of a person. There’s a good chance you’re more wonderful than you think, so please apply!
About Ripple Effect
Ripple Effect is an award-winning women-owned small business providing professional consulting and exceptional talent for federal, private, and non-profit clients. We deliver multi-disciplinary solutions across communications & outreach, research & evaluation, policy & program management, digital transformation, and strategic staffing solutions with a focus on science, research, and healthcare domains.
Hiring Process | Life at Ripple |COVID Response | DEI