Senior Content Writer (Remote)
Remote – Florida
job requisition id
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
Availity is a Healthcare IT company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, with additional offices in Indianapolis, IN, and Bangalore, India, and a significant remote workforce throughout the US. Availity is the nation’s largest health information network, connecting over 2 million providers with health plans nationwide and processing more than 12 billion transactions a year, and growing! We work collaboratively with health plans and providers to disrupt an antiquated healthcare system by offering solutions that solve core issues in how these stakeholders communicate. Availity also provides revenue cycle management solutions to help providers, hospitals, and health systems receive accurate, timely payment for their services.
As the premier healthcare engagement platform, our mission is to create connections and deliver products that help healthcare businesses succeed. We connect, delight, and empower the nation’s premier healthcare ecosystem, providing multi-stakeholder solutions that simplify the business relationship between providers and health plans.
Reporting into the Senior Manager, Public Relations, the Senior Content Writer develops, writes, and edits multi-media content, including white papers, bylines articles, emails, testimonials, social posts, video scripts, and other content assets. You will lead the content strategy and day-to-day creation of materials using your writing and editing skills, agency resources, and other in-house design and marketing resources. You will develop and implement our asset management strategy, understanding what materials are needed to support our commercial team across the buyers’ journey for both prospects and existing clients, increase brand awareness and generate leads and you will collaborate with marketing and strategy teams to develop content for campaigns. You will be responsible for developing content targeting decision makers across multiple market segments within healthcare (such as payers, providers, and healthcare technology vendors). You will also be charged with expanding our content into mediums such as video and podcasting. Your efforts will be instrumental in driving thought leadership and growing our digital footprint across channels for awareness, lead generation, and supporting the deal lifecycle.
Sponsorship, in any form, is not available for this position.
Location: Remote, US
Why you want to work on this team:
- Work on a team that supports revenue streams for Availity
- Have a deep passion for writing, creativity, and innovation
- This is a fun, outgoing group that values teamwork and aims for the same level of success in everything that they do
To be qualified for this position you:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
- Five year’s experience in content writing across multiple assets in a health care environment
- Must be self-directed and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a team environment
- Must thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Creative and persistent critical thinking skills
- Must be collaborative – working well across functional groups to drive projects
You will set yourself apart with:
- Healthcare Technology experience
You will be:
- Complete writing projects, meeting deadlines, and following content requirements in terms of style and project specifications
- Conducting research and SME interviews for upcoming projects
- Managing and completing work on time for multiple content writing projects
- Develop written sales enablement materials such as brochures, competitive battle sheets, promotion materials, email, blogs, advertisements, white papers, infographics, PowerPoint presentations and graphics and campaign landing pages.
- Manage content strategy, needs and projects including video and podcast content. Manage creation, storyboard, editing, and version control using your skill set or agency/freelancer resources.
- Understand and utilize specific buyer persona messaging from product marketing in content development.
- Continually keep up to date on products, services, technologies, etc. in order to provide quality content.
- Collaborate with product, strategy and commercial teams to understand value drivers.
- Collaborate as a valuable part of the healthcare marketing team to ensure that marketing content materials are appropriate for the target audience and aligned to other efforts.
- Provide support in writing and editing basic communications (e.g., organizing electronically stored marketing data, preparing promotional materials, presentations, providing correspondence for internal/external clients, and updating basic online website content ensuring adherence to corporate and departmental policies and procedures)
Availity culture and benefits:
- Availity is a certified Great Place to Work! Culture is important to us and there are many ways for you to make your mark here!
- We have several Diversity & Inclusion teams, a Young Professionals Group, a She Can Code IT group for women in tech, and various ways to engage with fellow Availity associates.
- Availity is a culture of continuous learning. We have many resources and experts in our tech stack and in our industry that can help get you there too!
- Don’t feel like wearing business attire? Cool, you can wear jeans we are a casual place.
- Availity offers a robust total rewards package that is competitive and meaningful. We offer a competitive salary and bonus structure. We offer two different types of medical plans: a HDHP plan that has the lowest permitted deductible allowed by the IRS with a generous HSA company contribution and a PPO plan with a low deductible and out of pocket maximum. In addition, Availity offers two dental plans including orthodontia care (even for adults), vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), pet care, legal/ID shield services and a 401k match program that you can take advantage of on day one!
- We offer unlimited PTO for salaried associates + 9 paid holidays. Hourly associates start at 19 days of PTO and go up from there with all the same holiday benefits.
- Interested in wellness? We allow our associates to reimburse up to $300/year for gym memberships, participation in racing events, weight management programs, etc.
- Interested in furthering your education? We offer education reimbursement!
- Availity offers Paid Parental Leave for both moms and dads, both birth parents and adoptive parents.
- Want to work for an organization that gives back to the community? You’re at the right place! Availity partners with various organizations, both locally and nationally, to raise awareness, funds and morale as our staff members volunteer their time and funds to engage the organizations campaign. Each associate has 1 paid day per year to volunteer at the non-profit charity of your choice.
Availity perks for remote, hybrid and office-based associates:
- We offer a flexible working environment! Whether you are a fully remote associate or one that enjoys a hybrid or fully onsite approach we are flexible to help ensure you have a working environment to thrive in!
- Don’t feel like going too far to eat? We occasionally have food trucks at our Jacksonville Office as well as food available for purchase in our cafe and an onsite caf next to our Indianapolis office
- We also have onsite Fitness Centers with showers for our Jacksonville & Indianapolis offices and an annual Wellness reimbursement you can use for a gym membership, classes, sports activities, etc.
- We appreciate work/life balance! Need to get a quick break in between meetings? We offer online Yoga, virtual total body condition classes, step challenges, and health and wellness courses and in our Jacksonville office, we have Ping Pong, Foosball, Arcade games, and XBox to help you decompress and we have a massage therapist onsite once a week for a little relaxation too
- We’ve got you covered with free coffee, lemonade and tea anytime you want in Jacksonville
After you apply, you will receive text/email messages thanking you for applying and then you will continue to receive more text/email messages alerting you as to where you are in the recruitment process.
- Recruit Phone Screen
- Video Interview with Hiring Manager
- Video Panel Interview
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Availity is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.