Purpose of the role
- To build the Sorted brand through the planning and delivery of engaging, regular, multi-format content.
- Be Editor-in-chief for all Sorted’scontent output, ensuring all output is in tune with the Sorted tone of voice.
The day-to-day stuff
No two days are ever the same at Sorted, so what you get up to will vary. The pace at which we move means priorities will change, and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!).
Here are some of the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Build, execute and iterate against a clearly defined content marketing plan that supports clear go-to-market programs.
- Own the planning and delivery of the Sorted Retail Sessions podcast series.
- Research, draft and edit multiple content types including but not limited to, long-form content, blogs, emails, landing pages and social media assets.
- Lead Sorted’s PR program, working with agency partners to deliver a proactive, measured and consistent PR output cadence.
- Support VP Marketing & Product with AIM communication requirements compliance.
- Own the relationship with Sorted’s SEO agency, ensuring work is aligned to quarterly and annual marketing OKRs.
- Build out exciting and innovate new content marketing mediums for Sorted, including but not limited to, interviews, podcasts and digital events.
- Build relationships with external organisations that will energise Sorted’s editorial programme including but not limited to, trade press, SaaS business partners, research houses et al.
- Coach, mentor and manage the workload of a Web Designer, setting clear quarterly OKRs.
- Manage a roster of external agency and freelance designers and writers, to ensure creative output is of a high quality, stakeholder needs are met and that output aligns to brand guidelines.
- Ensure content outputs are highly targeted to Sorted’s persona pack. Ensure Marketing, Sales Development and Sales teams are kept informed, engaged and educated on content best use.
- Ensure all content outputs are optimised for SEO.
- Manage the social media profile of Sorted’s CEO.
- Lead quarterly cross-functional editorial planning workshops.
- Work closely with the Sales and Customer Success teams to deliver a roadmap of customer stories.
- Report weekly on content & PR performance.
- Ensure the Content & Communications team’s work is prioritised and recorded in Monday.com, reporting weekly on progress and project status.
- Generous holiday allowance: How does 40 days per year sound? How about an extra day for your birthday also? You got it!
- Work isn’t somewhere where you go, it is something that you do: Our roles are mainly remote-first (within the UK), but our Manchester and London offices are always free, should you ever want to pop in for the day. We also have access to a variety of collaboration spaces throughout the UK, giving you greater access to a workspace should you not live near our offices.
- Develop with Sorted: Your development is our priority. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and let us help you achieve it. On top of our ongoing training programmes, you can use your £200 annual development fund on any training courses of your choice. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Sorted too.
- Your well-being matters: Private Health for everyone that works here, including optical and dental cover. We also give you Life Assurance, and everyone has access to our employee assistance programme.
- Supporting your family: We offer qualifying Sorted employees 20 weeks of fully paid maternity and shared parental leave.
- Pension: We match pension contributions up to 5%
Our team: We’re an energetic and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politicsSorted wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. If there is anything you need to help you participate fully in the interview process, we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application.
Come join us!Requirements
- You will have operated in a senior content role within a B2B SaaS business.
- You will be an excellent writer and interviewer, it’s likely that you’ll have some background experience in journalism.
- You must be creative and commercial in equal measure, able to pivot between content at various funnel stages and formats comfortably and efficiently.
- You will ideally have worked within the delivery management or post-purchase experience space.
- You must have outstanding organisational and project management skills.
- You must be focused, structured and energetic.
- Inquisitive and customer-focussed, comfortable working with customers, prospects and partners to uncover useful and engaging content.