The world isn't standing still, and neither is Allstate. We're moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers' evolving needs. That's why now is an exciting time to join our team. You'll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You'll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards - a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life's uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we've thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever's coming next - to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We've been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don't follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
Led by Allstate's Chief Data Officer, the Data, Discovery and Decision Science (D3) team is the foundation for data-driven decision making at Allstate. This team works across the Enterprise (including Allstate Protection, B2B, Allstate Financial, and Investments) to manage the strategy, integration and governance of data at Allstate.
The External Data Strategy Senior Consultant position is responsible for managing work in support of external data strategies and plans, ensuring team progresses toward goals and project completion. The successful individual will be flexible, be able to adapt to our changing environment, to determine the best course of action to achieve our goals and lead a small agile team to meet external data strategy goals. This role will proactively work to understand external data providers, processes to manage, protect and govern acquired and shared data, and work with enterprise stakeholders to ensure we are using external data strategy best practices.Job Responsibilities
- Provides support in the governance of business data to ensure data is consistent, accurate, available, and accessible
- Contributes to enterprise commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate external data, as well as maximizing the value of data
- Ensures a cross functional view of business data is available to the enterprise
- Implements enterprise processes to ensure proper external data governance, maintenance and risk mitigation is followed
- Contributes to project milestones associated with specific data & analytics projects or activities within own department or workgroup
- Manages work through a cohesive plan that outlines objectives, timelines, risks, and deliverables enabling the movement of the most important work forward
- Proactively communicates risks, issues and status to leadership and key stakeholders
- Solves problems to ensure task completion by establishing priorities and resolving conflicts with team members and functional mangers
- Translate goals and team direction into executable plan and lead agile team toward achievement of external data strategy commitments
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort in dealing with the unknown
- Self-starter and agile learner
- Comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Ability to revise tactics to support changing strategies and direction
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lead and manage agile teams, develop plans to meet timelines and track progress
- Understanding of enterprise business units and organizational structure
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and the ability to inspire trust
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities and ability to support routine to complex analysis
- Sound decision making capabilities including problem solving approaches and decision frameworks
- Proficiency in business-related application (i.e., Microsoft Office tools)
- Knowledge of visualization / data analytics tools (i.e.,Tableau, PowerBI)
- 3+ years of business experience and/or business project management experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate's benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.