What you’ll do
Become part of an iconic brand that is set to revolutionize the all-electric pick-up truck & rugged SUV marketplace by achieving the following:
- Develop and execute creative and forward-thinking color and material design concepts that align with our brand's vision and product goals.
- Conduct extensive research on current trends, materials, and finishes, and translate them into innovative color and material solutions.
- Identify and evaluate a wide range of materials suitable for automotive applications, considering factors such as durability, sustainability, and aesthetic appeal.
- Collaborate with suppliers and engineering teams to source and develop new materials that meet our quality standards and design requirements.
- Work with Materials Engineering as they conduct material tests and assessments to ensure compliance with industry regulations and performance expectations.
- Create compelling color palettes that align with our brand identity and resonate with our target audience.
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure harmonious color schemes across various vehicle components, including exteriors, interiors, trims, and accents.
- Conduct market and trend analysis to anticipate and incorporate color preferences into our designs.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including exterior and interior designers, engineers, and suppliers, to ensure successful integration of color and material designs.
- Participate in design reviews, presentations, and meetings, effectively communicating color and material design concepts to stakeholders.
Location & Travel Expectations: The responsibilities of this role require attendance at in-person meetings and events regularly. The role will be based out of a Scout Motors location in the Detroit, MI metro area. Applicants should expect that the role may require the ability to convene with Scout colleagues in person and be able to travel to participate in events on behalf of the company from time to time.
What you’ll bring
We expect all Scouts to have integrity, curiosity, resourcefulness, and strive to exhibit a positive attitude, as well as a growth mindset. You’ll be comfortable with change and flexible in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. You’ll take a collaborative approach to achieve ambitious goals. Here’s what else you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Industrial Design, Transportation Design, or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience in CMF design in the automotive or transportation industry.
- Strong knowledge of color theory, material science, and manufacturing processes related to automotive applications.
- Strong working knowledge of design software and tools inclusive of Autodesk VRed and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to translate trends and market insights into innovative color and material design solutions.
- Understanding of sustainability principles and experience in incorporating sustainable materials into design concepts.
- Strong visual communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively articulate design concepts and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented with a keen eye for color, texture, and material finishes.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
What you’ll gain
The benefits of joining Scout include the chance to build products and a company from the ground up. This is a chance to create something new and lasting – with an iconic brand at its foundation. In addition, Scout provides competitive compensation and benefits to support your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing. Program specifics are detailed in company policies and employee benefit guides, select highlights:
- Competitive insurance including:
- Medical, dental, vision and income protection plans
- 401(k) program with:
- An employer match and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off including:
- 20 days planned PTO, as accrued
- 40 hours of unplanned PTO and 14 company or floating holidays, annually
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave for biological and adoptive parents of all genders
- Paid leave for circumstances related to bereavement, jury duty, voting time, or military leave
- Corporate Vehicle Program with:
- Eligibility to lease up to 2 vehicles at competitive rates
This is a full-time, exempt position eligible to receive a base salary and to participate in an annual performance bonus program. The salary range listed represents the maximum and minimum starting base pay for this position as of the time of posting. Final salary offered will be determined based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. The annual performance bonus program is preset and not candidate dependent.
Initial base salary range = $130,000 - $160,000
Internal leveling code: IC8