Citizens Bank is currently seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer responsible for helping us effectively scale and keep our platforms running smoothly through utilization of SRE best practices.As a member of our SRE team you will work to positively affect system reliability, developer productivity and reducing time to market by striving to reduce toil and technical debt of the services the SRE team supports.As a Systems Reliability Engineer working on critical services, your mission will be to ensure our services are fast, highly available, scalable and able to withstand increases in load.The systems reliability engineering team will be at the heat of problem-solving production problems proactively while increasing the rate of successful changes. Your scope is from the kernel to the application.Primary responsibilities include:
- Engaging, influencing and evangelizing SRE best practices within the Cloud team as well as the development, operations and product groups to align technology services/solution delivery.
- Driving quality accountability within the organization with well-defined processes, metrics and goals for process quality. This includes leading effective postmortems and ensuring actions are followed-up.
- Managing availability, latency, scalability and effectiveness of Citizens applications development by instilling engineering reliability into our development life cycle with a focus on fault tolerant approaches
- Creating self-provisioning infrastructure using tools like Terraform, Ansible and Docker
- Driving capacity planning, performance analysis, instrumentation and other nonfunctional systems requirements.
- Defining key metrics and SLAs around new web service being crated to support rapid growth and migration
- Implementing metric driven processes to ensure service quality target are met.
- 3 or more years of experience running and migrating large scale application stacks in the Cloud
- 3 or more years of experience in the following areas (performance engineering, capacity engineering, availability engineering)
- 3 or more years of Terraform, Ansible or other automation experience Knowledge in all aspects of designing, developing and managing large real-time systems
- Prior successful experience as systems performance or site/systems reliability engineer
- In-depth working knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Detailed knowledge of modern software development lifecycles including CI/CD principles.
- Experience with Kubernetes, containers, AWS, Azure
- Knowledge of PHP, Python, Go or other programming languages and technologies
- Deep understanding of internet and networking protocols
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
Hours and Work Schedule
- Degree in computer science or related technical field
Hours per Week: 40Work Schedule: Monday through Friday#LI-Sourcer #1
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.