Senior Business Planning Analyst
San Mateo, CA (collab) *requires onsite work
The Direct to Consumer (D2C) team is part of a vibrant Global Sales organization whose mission is to grow the lifetime value of PlayStation customers by providing world-leading customer-centric retail experiences. D2C brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. Our area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years and has now become a key revenue driver for the business. In September 2019, PlayStation launched direct.PlayStation.com, our first direct to consumer hardware and peripherals business. We are now in the US and 10 European markets.
We're looking for an experienced Planning professional with the potential to grow their career as PSD grows. The role of Sales Planning Manager for direct.PlayStation.com, drives accountability for business results through accurate forecasting & planning. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, who are passionate about e-commerce, and inspired by being at the forefront of gaming monetization.
What you'll be doing:
- This role will lead all aspects of from helping the Commercial leadership define local market strategies, through the weekly oversight of performance metrics, to leading the annual planning process
- The successful candidate will become comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and be motivated by a fast-paced and ambitious environment
- Lead key planning processes such as budgeting and forecasting
- Be responsible for the weekly sales forecast
- Plan and deliver regular business reviews focused on constructive challenge, continuous learning, and recommendations
- Build updates and comprehensive stories for key meetings such as Weekly and Quarterly Business Reviews as well as ad-hoc analysis and updates to leadership
- Define, manage and optimize key demand and sales performance metrics and derive important insights from them Scale capacity and expertise as PS Direct expands globally
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior leadership This is a hands-on role working across a variety of teams
- You will develop and maintain positive relationships with a core group of partners across the organization, especially Commercial teams, Finance, and BI/Reporting
- This is a hands-on role working across a variety of teams. You will develop and maintain positive relationships with a core group of partners across the organization, especially Commercial teams, Finance, and BI/Reporting
What we're looking for:
- At least 5 years' experience in Planning and Insights eCommerce experience essential
- Passion for using data-driven insights to improve customer experience
- Excellent analytical abilities and strong business acumen
- Strong stakeholder management skills to enable cross-functional collaboration
- Advanced presentation and communication skills: being a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate practical insights
- This person must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and focus on generating results.
- As you will be working closely with global and local teams, international travel and calls involving late and early hours due to time zone differences may be required.
*PlayStation offers a global hybrid office/remote working model — Flex Modes — which aims to combine the flexibility of remote working with the magic of in-person collaboration. The model is built upon the principle of working together in-person as work requires, with the freedom to work remotely otherwise.