Board of Innovation is an independently owned business design and innovation strategy firm. We have a hybrid work policy that allows us to attract the best talent. Our hubs are located in Antwerp, Amsterdam, New York, and Singapore but our talent is globally distributed. This diversity allows our business designers to uniquely help the world's largest organizations navigate fundamental shifts. And we do this by developing growth strategies, innovation capabilities, and new businesses with many of the world's largest organizations (have a look at our cases here: )About the team & culture
We started our US office in 2019 and we've grown from a 4-person team sharing a very small office to a 25-person team sharing a bigger office in Manhattan. While we mainly work remotely these days we are a closely-knit team and we're looking for someone who thrives in our culture. If the following statements resonate with you please keep on reading!
- Be entrepreneurial - We take ownership and get things done.
- Raise the bar - We aim to set the standard by working smarter, not harder.
- Help each other - We genuinely help others to shine and be amazing. No ego.
- Make it matter - We focus on what will have the biggest impact. No theatre.
In the role of a Senior Business Designer,
you will be coached by one of our circle leads and you will work alongside team members that bring in a variety of skill sets like Mina who designs and runs all our digital experiments, Jenny who's the go to person if you want to talk foresight and future thinking or Geoff who loves to dive deep and design new products and services from scratch.About the role
We don't believe in forcing someone into a specific job function so consider the following responsibilities - in order of importance - as a starting point:You manage and grow key client accounts
You lead key complex client projects
- Strategic sparring partner: by asking the right question and sharing a clear point of view clients consider you as a go-to-sparring partner
- Account management: you build on the great work we do and continuously look for other opportunities to help our clients.
You dive deep into the research needed to design products, services, or business models that solve real problems
- Program preparation and design: You turn a brief into a detailed approach that is both flexible enough to survive the fuzzy front end of innovation while being robust enough to drive real impact (no theatre please)
- Workshop design and facilitation: You design and facilitate workshops with diverse and senior stakeholders
- Coaching team members: You ensure everyone on the project team is working towards a common goal and is set up to do their best work
- Qualitative research: Leading 1-1 consumer interviews and documenting quotes, stories, and discussions
- Quantitative research: Work together with our experiment designer to run digital experiments that will help us validate key desirability and viability assumptions
- Insight development: Bringing all of this together to identify patterns of insights and opportunities that will inform the overall strategy.
Why work at Board of Innovation?
- Academic background in Business/ Design/ Innovation/ Engineering/ Digital / ... or equivalent work experience
- In-depth understanding of different innovation methodologies such as: human-centered design, design thinking, lean start-up, growth hacking, etc.
- Extensive experience in a variety of design research methodologies and tools such as: expert interviews, ethnographic interviews, extreme user research, participatory sessions, prototype feedback, live prototyping, trend research
- Strong business analytical skills and are able to challenge a business case of a new venture on-the-spot; your sweet spot is the intersection of human needs and business impact
- You have a strong opinion and you know how to bring it across to senior clients; you are strong in storytelling and you are comfortable facilitating sessions for small and large groups of clients
- You are confident and flexible as a member of interdisciplinary teams where harmonious collaboration and a hands-on attitude are essential
- You are able to travel to participate in client engagements worldwide (post covid)
- You can comfortably work within Eastern Timezone
- You have what it takes to thrive in our team: an authentic, humble personality, a no-nonsense approach, a relentless drive to learn, an open mindset, an entrepreneurial attitude, a true team spirit (no ego!) and you share our 'make it matter' mentality
Where You'll Be
- You enjoy being part of a global innovation consultancy working for some of the biggest brands in the world (like Roche, Nestlé, Adidas, World Economic Forum and many more).
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and want to contribute to our overall business strategies and growth.
- You want numerous on-the-job-and-beyond learning opportunities, and you'll receive a self-development budget.
- You look for a place where you can be your whole self, and become part of a highly talented, ambitious, (from time to time hilarious) international and diverse team ( different nationalities and counting!)
- You are eager to build a global professional network through our offices (New York, Singapore, Antwerp, Amsterdam) and clients worldwide
- If you're interested, you enjoy creating positive change in societies and with INGOs (Unicef, SOS Children's Villages,...) through our .Social branch.
- You will get a market-conforming remuneration package, benchmarked with local standards.
- Every year, we gather our colleagues from around the world for a week of team bonding, workshops, strategy sessions, and unwinding - we call it 'Summer Office'.
- You can work flexibly when (EDT timezone) and where you're most productive. We don't have typical 9 to 5 expectations. And of course, remote work is highly supported!
- We are a distributed workforce with Hubs in Belgium (Antwerp), the United States (New York) and Singapore.
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be anywhere from where it's comfortable to work within Eastern Daylight Time.
- Contract or payroll? We're open to discuss both options. In countries where we don't have a legal entity we can provide compliant payroll and contracts through our global EOR partner.
Board of Innovation recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Interested? Read more about our culture, mission and values!