Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of our team, you will predominantly be involved using your analytic skills along with ingenuity and creativity to create growth opportunities for our existing clients. You'll stretch your skills and grow your career as a primary contributor to delivering business value.
As the Senior Business Data Analyst, you will work independently to identify healthcare claim overpayments and develop new concepts on the Coordination of Benefits (COB) team. You will also work with very large datasets to improve the operations and efficiency of the research analysts.
This is a unique development role in which you will use your ability to evaluate data, providing exceptional value to our clients. Individuals in this role work closely with technical resources to solve challenges, but also interact with the business to understand how their work contributes to the data-driven processes of the organization.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
* Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the COB business
* Research low-performing processes and spearhead projects to improve them
* Serve as the SME on one client's data and distinctive business processes
* Grow revenue through ideation and data process improvement
* Lead extremely complex data projects to achieve key business objectives
* Read and write complicated SQL code
* Develop and manage project plans to achieve objectives
* Translate highly complex concepts for a variety of audiences
* Participate in the development of business strategy
* Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* 3+ years of experience with MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook
* 2+ years of experience solving complex problems using extremely large datasets
* 1+ years of advanced SQL coding experience
* Bachelor's Degree
* Experience with COB data and vendor operations
* Experience working with healthcare membership data
* Experience with healthcare eligibility clearinghouses
* Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial Insurance plans
* Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated solid consultative and conversational skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Business Data Analyst, Data Analytics, Analytics, Optum, OptumInsight, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote