GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit .
GRAIL is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead the development and rapid iteration of Grail's Life Sciences and Biopharma engineering and automated testing efforts.
Senior Software Engineers at GRAIL partner cross-functionally with Engineering, R&D, Product, and our PMO to ensure that the quality of our automation development efforts meet and exceed pre and post production requirements, assist in the definition and roll-out best practices with the broader team, and research / incorporate various pre-analytical and analytical studies into our product families.
GRAIL is willing to consider talented candidates living on the EAST COAST and willing to travel to NORTH CAROLINA. Travel may be required at first.Responsibilities
- Design and develop back-end software automation and engineering solutions
- Develop modern and robust automation frameworks/libraries
- Craft best practices with senior engineering leadership
- Work closely with the DevOps team to create/configure containerized test environments to achieve seamless test integration in local and AWS environments using tools like Jenkins and Docker
- Work with developers to troubleshoot/investigate issues
- 7+ years of hands-on software development in one of the languages below
- Solid experience of with either Java or Python
- Successful track record of leaning in on interviewing and helping build best-in-class teams
- Holistic knowledge of functional and non-functional test methodologies, tools, and frameworks
- Experience with back-end and API-related automation
- Excellent communication, documentation, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in Agile methodologies
The estimated, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $120,000 - $150,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be "Fully Vaccinated" with the COVID-19 vaccine. "Fully Vaccinated" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.