Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet
The SEO team is key to user growth. By combining our knowledge of search, with an eye for new user experiences we get the opportunity to present Reddit to new and unfamiliar users, with the mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world.
We’re looking to bring in a backend engineer who is comfortable taking on the end to end delivery & technical leadership of complex services.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic. However, to accommodate the distributed nature of the SEO team as well as the rest of Reddit’s workforce, candidates in Ireland(Dublin) or UK(London) are preferred.
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering counterparts to execute on product and business strategy and build novel products and features that our users will love.
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Foster a data-driven culture within the team by running experiments, discovering insights, and generating ideas to optimize our systems.
- Take accountability for the delivery of SEO projects, be a hands-on engineer, deliver solid, maintainable code.
- Bring ideas, and directly influence the teams roadmap, collaborating closely with XFN stakeholders.
What We Are Looking For:
- 4+ years software engineering experience, with experience in working cross-functionally to lead projects from start to finish with end user impact.
- We are language agnostic when hiring but use primarily golang, python in the backend stack.
- Knowledge in data engineering including design, development and implementation of complex systems and data pipelines.
- Experience working with data streaming/batch solutions such as Kafka, Flink, Spark, Storm, or other.
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases (MySql, Postgres, Teradata, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, HBase, etc.)
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
Private Medical and Dental Scheme
Life Assurance, Income Protection
Workspace benefit for your home office
Personal & Professional development funds
Family Planning Support
Cycle to Work Scheme
Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off