Founded in 2018 by seasoned legal, finance and procurement professionals, Alacrity is on a mission to create technologies which bend the economics of the legal industry. The practice of law largely hasn’t changed since the 1800’s resulting in clients paying too much and firms being less profitable than they could be. This is starting to change and we’re excited to help.
This is both a remote or a local opportunity, we are based at One Fore Street Avenue, EC2Y 9DT, London, UK.Benefits
- Open and transparent workplace.
- Very light on meetings other than daily standup and weekly planning.
- Work from where you are the most productive, this is a remote opportunity.
- Regular company meetups.
- Paid annual leave as a remote worker.
- Contributory pension (for UK based employees).
£45,000 - £60,000 per annum
Note to recruiters
Recruiters, Agents and agencies: Please do not email us to pitch your services. We mark all such emails as SPAM.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Requirements
Alacrity is looking for a senior, self-motivated engineer to join our team. You must be able to work independently and take initiative in a remote-first work environment. We're looking for strong architectural and service-design skills as well as full appreciation of code quality standards.
At Alacrity, our primary concern in engineering is security. We go to great lengths to provide a secure and robust product to our clients. Therefore the candidate must have a strong understanding of how security applies to every aspect of implementation and how we operate.
We are looking for an engineer to primarily work on product but there is a lot to be done on the infrastructure as well so a basic knowledge of AWS and terraform will be a big plus.
- You get your kicks from getting things done and deployed to users.
- You honor your craft and are hungry to learn new skills and improve your existing ones.
- You know and appreciate automated testing, clean code, and continuous deployment.
- You understand that documentation is doing your future self a favor and you love helping yourself.
- You are fluent with devops and can create and manage clusters of services on AWS.
- You want to work at a startup with a reasonable and sane working environment.
- You are in a timezone with a maximum difference of 3 hours from the UK.
Your Ideal Skill Set
- GraphQL experience (we use Apollo).
- SQL (we use Postgres).
- Experience with devops (AWS, Docker and Terraform).
Things you will get to do
- Further develop our Node.js API.
- Create technical specifications for new product features.
- Participate in the whole development process.
- Review product security (security is taken very seriously here).
- Maintain and improve our AWS infrastructure.
- Constantly learn from other engineers.
The Recruitment Process
- Send us your application. We will do our best to respond within 48 hours.
- Have a 30-minute initial call. This interview is non-technical in nature.
- Solve a small offline exercise at your convenience.
- Have a technical interview with our lead platform engineer or CTO discussing your exercise and chatting about your ambitions and motivations.
- Have a final chat with our CEO.