Note before applying :
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is: -3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hoursDriver Team @Heetch
We're a multi-disciplinary product team on a mission to Revolutionize our European and International Drivers platform.
Our team deploys all the features our drivers need to easily signup, register and get trained to start driving with Heetch At Heetch, we are committed to provide a great mobility solution, and an enjoyable experience for all our users : passengers AND drivers Everyday in the Driver team, we aim at building a nice, easy to use app all our drivers will enjoy!We're looking for product-focused, user-centered Engineers, that are ready for a challenge and want to have an impact at scale (our app is used every day by thousands of drivers all across the world ). We hire for talent and team fit, not location, that's why members of our team are based remotely all throughout Europe.Tech stack:
- Docker with Mesos & Marathon.
- Services owned by our teams are written in Go.
- We follow community guidelines and best practices.
Does it sound like you?
- Be Kind: It's all about transparency. We discuss everything openly within the team. Our speak up culture is strong.
- Communicate Wisely: Our remote first team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that, but feel free to work from any of our offices in Paris, London, Lyon, Bruxelles or Casablanca.
- Free Mind: We celebrate the wins, but more importantly we're not afraid to fail, we always learn and go again.
- General Interest first: Thanks to team unity, no one is left behind.
- Make it Happen: Code quality? It's not software without tests.
What will you do?
- You are passionate and excited about Golang.
- You've got more than 5 years of experience as a software engineer.
- You've worked with microservices in production.
- You're eager to improve on and push boundaries with Go, just like we are!
- You show track record of designing elegant APIs that are easy to use and well documented.
- You have a full event-driven mindset.
- You're not afraid of leaving your comfort zone.
- You are ready to make an impact on the drivers' use of our app, and you have a growth mindset.
- + If you've worked with Ruby and Kafka in production, it's a plus :)
What will be your main challenges?
- Work with engineers to design, build, ship and maintain microservices in production
- When needs must, debug issues direct on production spanning multiple services and stacks.
- Contribute to architectural and design decisions, at scale, around our microservice and event-driven architecture.
- Maintain and work on the Authentication layer of Heetch.
- Help design and build, from the ground up, a modularised signup platform to fuel our growth and expansion plans.
- Work on large scale extraction projects, as we migrate legacy systems (Ruby), into our event-driven architecture.
- Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues.
- Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow.
- Have the freedom to experiment. Intrigued by a new tech or library? Go for it! Let's see how it improves our services.
- Have product ownership by working closely with Product, mobile and data teams. It's not just about writing code.
The opportunity and challenge ahead for the Driver team is immense and will help facilitate the companies continued growth. This team is responsible for the entire acquisition and signup suite of products, which includes but is not limited to, Driver signup & application, Driver referral and Driver onboarding & training as well as building tools for the Ops and Care teams that manage driver applications. Our multi-disciplined team allow us to work autonomously across the realms of our scope - Basically, this means that we own our roadmap entirely, and we empower each team member to contribute and influence how and what we work on.Help us spread good vibes with Heetch !