This is a remote role, candidates must be based in the United Kingdom
Hello. We’re Goji.
We provide market-leading platform technology to the alternative investment industry.
Access to private markets is increasing but 20th century technology cannot support or scale to meet these market demands and opportunities. Trillions of pounds of new inflows from institutional and individual investors are expected in the coming years, and the industry needs to adapt.
At Goji we are driving the transformation of the industry. From frictionless investor onboarding, to aggregating subscriptions and making any private fund accessible, we are solving the challenges that will unlock growth for all participants in our network. Goji was acquired by Euroclear Group in 2022.
Our shared vision is to enhance Euroclear's infrastructure with digitised private fund capabilities, creating a global network that seamlessly connects participants and catalyses their growth.
Our clients include asset managers who want to access and onboard more private fund investors, fund administrators who want to offer a private fund service that drives growth, and distributors who want low-friction access to private funds of their choice.
We are headquartered in the UK and FCA-regulated.
Goji is looking for a Back-End Software Engineer, with experience using Java, to join our team. If you are happy to work full-stack, that’s a bonus, but not necessary. If you would like to become full-stack, we can help you get there. If not, that’s fine too.
How will you help?
- Working as part of the engineering team to deliver the software needed to achieve Goji’s business goals by extending our multi-tenanted, distributed cloud platform running on AWS.
- Writing high quality code, including appropriate automated tests and acceptance conditions
- Providing code reviews
- Actively looking for ways to improve our product and helping to shape the backlog
- Taking part in the activities of an agile team, such as planning meetings, backlog grooming, demos and retrospectives
- Experimenting, taking part in discussions around coding standards, design, architecture, processes & tools and promoting new ideas
- Supporting our live application, responding to production alerts and fixing bugs
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years commercial experience with Java, experience with Spring Boot is also highly desirable
- Proficiency with git version control, GitHub and pull requests
- Experience working with relational databases, we use MySQL
- Proficiency with writing tests, test driven development and prototyping
- An understanding of software craftsmanship and principles such as SOLID
- Experience of building cloud-native software, with an understanding of distributed applications
- A willingness to take part in pair and mob programming
- A desire to seek and identify the best technology for the job
- A growth mindset and a sense of humility - we can all learn from each other
- A keenness to seek out new ways of working and challenge convention
How we work
As a company, we like to create an atmosphere where everyone can directly influence the way we work. Our values encourage curiosity, simplicity and honest communication:
- Curiosity - We seek to deeply understand challenges from multiple perspectives
- Innovation - We create pragmatic solutions that solve the challenges identified
- Commitment - We commit with passion to a decision
- Alignment - We understand our objectives and work together with the right tools to get things done
- Discipline - We stay focused, take ownership and consistently deliver against expectations
We’re proud to be able to offer a market-leading benefits package:
- Opt-in pension with 5% Goji contribution (3% minimum employee contribution);
- 25 days of holiday, plus 1 day for each year of service, up to 30 days;
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave;
- Private medical, including dental, optical and audiological from Vitality;
- Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Laptop delivered to your home;
- Allowances for additional work from home equipment;
- Supplementary support available for those with additional needs;
- Stylish London-based office.