Integration Specialist - Foreign Systems Interface - (Cerner & Rhapsody Required)
Client Site: Pasadena, CA
Salary Range: $120,000 - $140,000/yr, W-2
Integration Specialist - Foreign Systems Interface (FSI specialization)
The Integration Specialist - Foreign Systems Interface (FSI) develops, tests, implements, and supports clinical and administrative data interfaces between Cerner and ancillary systems, both internal and external.
This Specialist uses technical and analytical skills to evaluate a variety of solutions to provide clients with high quality, efficient workflows that promote productivity and enterprise-wide standardization.
The Specialist will also understand design and development principals as they relate to interfaces, which includes data flow diagrams, data element dictionaries, file mappings, field layouts, and command level operations.
This individual must take initiative to research and develop optimizations that will impact overall outcomes.
* Perform the configuration of new interfaces and enhancements to existing interfaces for Cerner applications and their corresponding ancillary systems.
* Troubleshoot technical problems and conducts analyses for efficient program/application solutions in interface engine, which support client business processes, functional and technical requirements.
* Provide input for integration solutions and architecture.
* Participate in solutions and planning with other IT teams.
* Collaborate with Analysts, IT leadership, and Operational resources to identify and resolve workflow impacts.
* Participate in relevant workflow/dataflow sessions and identification of resulting requirements changes with business sponsors.
* Perform analysis and gather requirements with limited input or direction from senior team members.
* Researches and provides interface solutions for new projects.
* Designs changes and enhancements to interfaces.
* Under minimal guidance of senior integration team members, designs routing, mapping, and scripting logic for interfaces.
* Develops interfaces using the appropriate standard or protocol (such as: HL7, CCD, XML, X12, FTP, HTTP, FHIR, web services, API, or other interoperability standards and protocols) according to the documented specifications.
* Codes interface logic using programming and scripting languages that lead to efficient use of the resources provided and meets customers' needs while adhering to quality standards set by management (such as: TCL, Korn shell, CCL, or other appropriate languages).
* Effectively uses interface engines (such as: Cerner Open Engine, or other comparable systems) to support interoperability projects with Cerner or other systems.
* Meets development productivity and quality standards set by management.
* Executes testing and creates associated documentation.
* Plans and implements interface changes.
* Communicates, coordinates, and escalates issues in order to seek resolution.
* Communicates clearly and effectively with team members, other information technology teams, vendors, customers, and management.
* Troubleshoots and resolves technical challenges and problems, escalates if necessary.
* Proposes solutions when problems or issues arise in a project or incident.
* End-user support and communication.
* Trains and mentors other team members through both formal and informal methods.
* Prepares and submits status reports to supervisor as required.
* Required 3+ years' in healthcare provider industry.
* Required 3+ years' progressive experience in Cerner Millennium Cerner Command Language for Foreign System Interface development.
* Required 3+ years' progressive experience in Rhapsody
* Desired 1-3 years' experience in managing a Managed File Transfer tool (Ipswitch MoveIt preferred).
* Ability to identify and mitigate risks to the program.
* Required to complete Cerner Millennium certification as assigned in order to train or educate.
* Understanding of ESH relationship to XR.
* Proven experience with basic CCL queries and PowerInsight.
* Ability to manage, monitor and research Cerner package requests.
* Experience with domain strategy and domain synchronization.
* Ability to collaborate with Analysts on current and future state workflows and documentation.
* General working knowledge of all Cerner Millennium solutions, especially PowerChart.
* Ability to manage resolution of project issues, escalating them to appropriate decision making staff and change control management team.
* Proficient with IT structured analysis methodologies, including process flow definition and data flow diagramming.
* Strong hands-on experience on SDLC methodologies such as Agile SCRUM and Kanban.
* Experience in the use of ITIL to govern customer and internal facing service operations models.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
* Proven ability to lead and deliver projects on schedule and on budget.
* In depth knowledge of Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server application technologies.
* Must be a self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills who is willing to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution with little or no supervision.