Job Description - Senior Automation Engineer - Remote
The Senior Automation Engineer is a top-level technical contributor with advanced industry knowledge and company-related expertise in monitoring, logging and visibility solutions related to infrastructure hardware and software. Demonstrates a versatile skill set in a variety of technologies applicable to the company's computing infrastructure with a focus on logging, monitoring and alerting.Responsibilities:
- This person will design, implement, maintain and support automation related to monitoring, logging, and alerting for private cloud infrastructure.
- Candidates must show senior level experience with automation and be able to provide examples.
- Troubleshoots and resolves the most complex infrastructure-related issues.
- Researches and conducts technical studies/evaluations on vendor products as well as on current and emerging technologies; recommends appropriate investments in the company's infrastructure, and equipment.
- Develops methodologies, technical standards, security requirements, and best business practices to maintain and enhance the company's internal private-cloud infrastructure.
- Analyzes the most complex infrastructure requirements and develops high-level and complimentary detailed technical design documentation that supports an overall business solution for the client.
- Leads and mentors' others in peer technical design reviews by providing advanced technical advice in monitoring, logging and alerting, engineering, and architecture.
- Experience with ELK/LOKI or other logging toolsets
- Experience with Zabbix/Telegraph or other monitoring toolsets
- Proven automation skills with the following automation toolsets
- Git or other code control solutions
- Creating and supporting Kafka producers and consumers
- provided by Dice