Purpose of Job
Job Description Summary
We are seeking a talented Senior Audit Manager - Bank in San Antonio or Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Charlotte, NC. Remote work is available for candidates who do not live in a location where USAA has a physical office.
If on location: USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual days onsite are determined between each employee and the employee's manager.
Leads and executes complex audit engagements throughout the audit lifecycle, to include understanding of horizontal and vertical business impacts, integrating audits with IT, analytics, and projects and reviewing work papers. May lead engagements as Auditor-In-Charge (AIC). Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations. Creates and independently performs complex work assignments and problem resolution in support of risk-based assurance and advisory engagements.
Leverages results from engagements and continuous monitoring activities to assist Audit Leadership in updating risk assessments.
Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics.Job Requirements
- As a subject matter expert, provides recommendations to leadership and guidance to staff members. Promotes the development of effective team relationships and functions in various capacities to ensure the success of team efforts. Approves the scope of the audit.
- Updates and ensures the universe risk assessment is current with applicable research and industry feedback.
- Independently prepares, reviews, and leads special reviews, investigations, monitoring activities, and work for external auditors and/or regulators. Ensures assigned engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Executes and leads audit fieldwork on assigned internal audit engagements with limited to no supervision in support of execution of the annual audit plan. Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements, specialized audits or highly complex business audits recognizing the cross-matricing and cross-functionality within the specialized functions/business areas.
- Coaches and mentors others on the use of various business systems, applications, and audit tools.
- Proactively identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and provides recommendations for corrective action. Drafts the related audit issues and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership and conducts follow-up activities as defined in the observations.
- Provides input into the creation of the internal audit universe and annual plan. Participates in the development of the strategic annual plan ensuring risks are appropriately identified and rated and assists with the implementation of the annual plan.
- Builds and enhances client relationship across the organization helping to drive strategic objectives with the business. Communicates with the business/clients to include delivering difficult messages. May be asked to communicate with regulators and executive leaders.
- Influences business and clients across the enterprise in regards to effective internal controls and mitigating risks across the full taxonomy.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses. Minimum Education
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or other relevant field.
- Four additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business experience.
- Subject matter expert knowledge in Audit theory with demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: regulatory, AML, GSD, compliance, risk, models, IT.
- Subject matter expert level business acumen in business operations, industry practices, and emerging trends.
- Experience leading or overseeing audits in a large financial institution
- 8 + years of experience as Auditor in Charge (AIC) or overseeing audits within mortgage banking, including originations, servicing, secondary marketing, etc.
- 8 + years of experience with project management and strong communication skills with highly visible responsibilities.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200-$175,000.00 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift premium:
will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details. USAA Total Rewards Relocation
assistance is available
for this position.