Why would you love this job?
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Applied AI Engineer to join our small but efficient Applied AI Engineering Team. As a part of this team, you will play a crucial role in developing cutting-edge features, addressing issues, and writing software using impactful frameworks in AI. This position requires a strong focus on development (80%) and some customer/partner interaction (20%).
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain projects primarily written in Python, with possible involvement in JS, C/C++, Go, or Java depending on your skillset.
- Address issues promptly and efficiently, ensuring timely resolution.
- Occasionally provide consultation during sales calls, leveraging your expertise in AI.
- Occasionally participate in sales meetings, enablement, and other events as a subject matter expert.
What will you need to have?
- Minimum of 5 years of professional programming experience in Python or a comparable language.
- At least 2 years of experience working on ML systems (MLOps), or utilizing AI/ML models.
- Willingness to admit when you don't know something and actively seek opportunities for learning and growth.
- Passion for building libraries and systems
- Ability to independently learn and navigate new codebases.
- Ownership mentality, going above and beyond what is required because you genuinely enjoy this type of work.
- Excitement about working on projects that are Open Source and/or accessible to the world.
- Enjoyment of working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects to juggle simultaneously.
Extra nice if you have:
- Prior contributions to projects like Langchain, LlamaIndex, Semantic Kernel, Redis-related projects, or MLOps systems for feature orchestration like Feast.
- Knowledge of patterns such as RAG, semantic caching, feature storage and embedding generation.
- A strong passion for Vector Databases, LLMs, or AI systems in general.
The estimated gross base annual salary range for this role is $138,667 – $270,400 per year in New York, California, Washington, Colorado, and Rhode Island. Actual compensation may vary and is dependent on various factors, including a candidate’s work location, qualifications, experience, and competencies. Base annual salary is one component of Redis’ total compensation and competitive benefits package, which may include 401(k), unlimited time off, learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive health and wellness benefits. This role may include discretionary bonuses, stock options, commuter benefits based on location, or a commission plan. Salary history is not used in compensation package decisions. Redis utilizes market pay data to determine compensation, so posted compensation ranges are subject to change as new market data becomes available.