About the role
The Senior ADR Writer transforms provided English translations of Japanese scripts into adapted spoken-word English scripts. Reporting to the Manager, ADR Writing you will work with Directors, Producers, and other members of the Production Department to help produce English dubs our fans will love.
- You will adapt scripts for multiple titles and special projects
- You will review 4-5 scripts weekly to ensure consistency and high quality, with an emphasis on guiding ADR Writers to excel
- You will provide support and mentorship to the ADR Writers
- You will facilitate communication between producers, directors, and the translation team
- You will help with important administrative tasks and maintaining schedules
We get excited about candidates, like you, because...
- You have 2+ years of ADR script adaptation experience, you understand the anime dubbing process, and you have leadership experience
- You have outstanding writing skills, both technically and creatively
- You're a team player, open to different viewpoints and ready to shine in a collaborative environment.
- You succeed in creative settings and have a flexible approach to the dubbing process. This allows the team to explore multiple methods of delivering dubs that are cherished by our fans
- You have a high degree of fluency in Microsoft Word
Why you will love working at Crunchyroll
In addition to getting to work with fun, passionate and inspired colleagues, you will also enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Receive a great compensation package including salary plus performance bonus earning potential, paid annually.
- Flexible time off policies allowing you to take the time you need to be your whole self.
- Generous medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health Saving Account HSA program
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan, with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- Support program for new parents
- Pet insurance and some of our offices are pet friendly!