Symetra has an excellent opportunity to join our Legal team as a Senior Administrative Assistant
!About the role
You will provide a range of moderately difficult to complex administrative tasks. As the Senior Admin Assistant you can expect to be responsible for organizing, prioritizing and coordination of a moderate to high volume of work including confidential information. Duties include providing outstanding customer service to internal clients; crafting, editing and proofreading various department documents; crafting and maintaining filing systems, scheduling meetings, records management, professional licensing submissions for attorneys, and arranging travel. What you will do
What we offer youBenefits and Perks
- Schedule meetings for law department attorneys as needed. May take and distribute meeting minutes.
- Make travel arrangements for law department attorneys and assist with expense reimbursement submission
- Create/type/proofread a variety of correspondence, reports, policies, forms, presentations and other printed or electronic materials. Enter and/or extract data from various sources and summarize for reports and presentations
- Order office supplies, maintain inventory of department equipment and supplies. May track against department budget
- Prioritize outgoing mail via mailroom or special delivery services
- Create and maintain organizational filing systems, paper and electronic. Maintain department databases and/or custom information systems
- Operate standard office equipment (PC, laptop, tablet, phone, copier, printer); troubleshoot and/or calls in equipment problems
- Records management for law department.
We don't take a "one-size-fits-all" approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better both at work and at home.
- Flexible full-time or hybrid telecommuting arrangements
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
- Want more details? Check out our Symetra Benefits Overview
Hourly Range: $21.69 - $36.13 plus eligibility for annual bonus programRequirementsYour experience and skills
We empower inclusion
- High School degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least 3 years of administrative experience supporting a fast paced and dynamic team
- Must operate at a high level of integrity with the ability to handle confidential information appropriately. Detail oriented, self motivated, and able to multi-task and problem solve with minimal direction. Strong customer service orientation. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. High level of follow up and responsiveness. Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Legal experience highly preferred
At Symetra, we're building a place where every employee feels valued, respected, and has opportunities to contribute. Inclusion is about recognizing our assumptions, considering multiple perspectives, and removing barriers.
We accept and celebrate diverse experiences, identities, and perspectives, because lifting each other up fuels thought and builds a stronger, more innovative company. We invite you to learn more about our efforts here.In a complex industry, we strive for clarity.
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities, and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
For more information about our careers visit Work Authorization
Employer work visa sponsorship and support are not provided for this role. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at hire and must maintain authorization to work in the United States throughout their employment with our company.