Senior Accountant of SEC Reporting
Why take a Senior Accountant of SEC Reporting role with this company?
- Company is expected to be at $13billion by next year and has continued to grow by +/-20% YOY.
- Fortune 500 company with a family environment, all levels are exposed to CFO and VP's in the company
- High pedigree environment - Everyone in the department is a CPA and came from a top tier or Big 4 firm
- 14 acquisitions last year, the largest one being $2billion & no signs of stopping
- Low turnover, most people who join end up staying for an average of 8+ years
- Employee stock purchase program (purchase stock at 85% of market price)
- 4 weeks PTO - after 5 years its 5 weeks PTO
- Pay for all CPE expense, CPA membership dues, CPA license renewals
- $100 allowance for cell phone each month
- 401k w/100% match for 1 st 3% and 50% next 2% - VESTED DAY 1
- Promote from within culture - everyone I have placed here has been promoted within 2 years
What the Senior Accountant of SEC Reporting will do:
- External Financial Reporting - Prepare 10-K and 10-Q disclosures, with ownership of filings. Understand, review and analyze data from multiple sources and groups to ensure disclosures are complete and accurate. We review the underlying supporting documentation for reasonableness and accuracy to validate the disclosure criteria and related disclosures, including collaborating/communicating with our subsidiaries and corporate groups.
- Internal Financial Reporting - Prepare and analyze the internal quarterly reporting book that is provided to the C-suite executives for developing narratives of the Company's performance. This includes ad-hoc projects and analyses throughout the year for research and reporting requirements.
- Technical accounting and implementation - Responsible for developing disclosures and related processes for technical accounting matters and new accounting standards.
- Revenue and Accounts Receivable Databases - Responsible for consolidating monthly subsidiary submissions of revenue and accounts receivable, disaggregated by customer, type of work and contract type. This includes analysis of information and consolidation of selected information for c-suite and other groups on an ad-hoc basis
- Earnings per share and share count information - Responsible for preparing monthly share count and earnings per share reconciliations, ensuring all activity is appropriately captured and presented.
What the company needs in a Senior Accountant of SEC Reporting:
- Must have 3-5 years of experience, Big 4 experience highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA or CPA track
- Detail oriented, analytical mind set, problem/puzzle solver
- Team player looking to join a team that prioritizes collaboration, mentorship, and knowledge in a dynamic environment