Expanding Tech Company, Excellent Perks and Room to Grow With US!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Keith Otis
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $75,000 - $95,000 per yearA bit about us:
This is a great opportunity to work closely with senior leaders in our fast-growing entertainment technology company. You will be faced with the challenge of managing Income statements and Balance sheets to best support strategic decision-making as the company continues to grow in complexity and size. We are improving the methods we use to analyze our operating expenses and changing the way we track key investments being made across the business. This role will involve partnering with teams across the organization to drive planning cycles, maintain balance sheets, controls, and Income statements. This is a highly visible role that will involve interaction with Senior Finance leadership.Why join us?
We consistently achieve national accolades for our cutting-edge technologies. Our unique environment allows for a range of services and separate business units to work within. With our technology, our vision, and especially our talented professionals, we ensure our students receive the best educational outcomes possible. We provide you with the perfect environment to perform at your best!!
* Gold level benefits
* Caring company culture
* Competitive compensation - $75k-$95k depending on experienceJob Details
Our Senior Accountant position ensures our financial statements comply with US GAAP and support the statutory accounting team. This role will be responsible for managing the Income statements and Balance sheet of product lines within our organization. This role reports to the Accounting Manager and has high visibility with upper management
Is your background a fit? Apply if you meet these criteria:
- +5 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, or finance
- Active CPA or MBA strongly preferred
- International experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge of managing: Including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and
Cash Flows and the interplay between the three
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is preferred but not required
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
- BS in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience working with Oracle and or salesforce is a plus.
- Must possess excellent analytical and communication skills.
- A self-motivator taking the initiative and proposing efficient ways to improve the financials.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, if necessary.
- Assist in special projects as assigned by management.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Manage Month End close - Heavy GL, Journal Entry Preparation, and Entry, including necessary accruals.
Balance sheet reconciliations and analytics.
- Variance analysis, reporting monthly results to management, and working with AP/AR function to ensure accuracy.
- Partner with FP&A to assess financial operations and make best-practices recommendations to management, suggest ways to reduce costs, increase revenue and maximize profits.
- Support Accounting Manager and controller on projects, process improvements, and workflow documentation.
- The ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Other ad hoc projects as necessary.
**TO GET YOUR APPLICATION LOOKED AT QUICKLY, PLEASE EMAIL RESPONSES TO THESE QUESTIONS TO
AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED!**
1. Please tell me about your current job responsibilities and how they relate to this role.
2. What is your highest education/degree level?
3. What is your preferred location? Open to remote?
4.Are you open to a contract role?
5. What is your expected salary?
Follow me here - linkedin.com/in/keith-otis/
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.