This Jobot Job is hosted by: Tim Everswick
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $80,000 - $95,000 per yearA bit about us:
We are a global leader in retail loss prevention, operations management, and analytics.Why join us?
- Competitive compensation package
- High visibility role with strong management team
- Great company and culture!
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team in Foothill Ranch, California, to support our global accounting operations. As a Senior Accountant, you are detail-oriented, swift, thorough, diligent, and deliver results with excellence and reliability, adept at communicating with multiple entities and across functions, kind in your approach, and keen on continuous improvement. You have the ability to work on multiple, concurrent, rapid projects which require timely, thorough, well-prioritized, and swift resolution, assessing, improving, and documenting processes our customers and team members rely upon.
The Senior Accountant role reports to the Accounting Manager and responsible for the preparation and posting of journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations and analysis, maintenance and implementation of accounting policies and conventions, financial statement reviews, and maintenance and implementing of internal controls.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain accounting records in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Assist with month end close process, including journal entries and reconciliations
- Maintain accounting schedules, including Prepaids, Accrued expenses, Current/Non-current Deferrals, Intangible assets, Long-term debt and others as assigned.
- Assist A/P staff with coding of payables (G/L, Dept, Location).
- Routinely reconcile the cash journal with actual bank activity and maintain the relevant schedules for this process.
- Record the necessary journal entries to address bank to book differences.
- On a weekly basis, download all credit card activity and ensure proper G/L coding prior to recording to the respective expense accounts. This includes working with different departments and business units to obtain an understanding of the expenditures.
- Maintaining a reconciliation and calculating the monthly credit card accrual.
- Assist in maintaining fixed assets registers, including additions, disposals, and calculation of depreciation.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a capital expenditure requisition process.
- Assist in the selection and implementation of a fixed asset software application.
- Assist with preparation of internal financial reports.
- Assist with preparing external financial reports.
- Prepare schedules and documentation for various external audits and other assurance engagements.
- Assist with design, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of internal controls.
- Perform technical accounting research and write memoranda on accounting matters.
- Implement changes for new accounting pronouncements.
- Actively participate in projects that will drive efficiency and streamline processes throughout the Company.
- Maintain organized accounting records, including monthly analysis, reconciliations, journal entries, etc.
- Understand and be able to apply proper accounting policies and processes.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum 2 years in public accounting for globally or nationally recognized accounting firms required.
- Minimum 3 years of overall professional accounting experience.
- CPA or MBA is highly desirable.
- Strong technical accounting skills required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment or supply chain environment is highly desirable.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills a must to ensure cooperation and positive results .
- Experience with global accounting entities preferred.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.