We are working with a Foreign Bank client in NYC that has an opportunity opening up for a Senior Accounting Pro due to a retirement This a hybrid remote position which will require in office as needed
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (AVP) Partial Remote CPA a plus
The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for all daily and weekly reporting, processes and procedures. With this comes the responsibility to fully document work processes and desk top procedures as well as maintaining check lists to be used by the entire Financial Control department.
The Senior Accountant will work closely together with the local IT department to develop automated system solutions to the extent possible. To this end the Senior Controller will be able to focus on data analysis and assist the business with a proper understanding of its income and expense.
Additional responsibility is monthly reporting to head office and financial regulators. This involves working closely together with head office over reporting periods.
- Daily and weekly reports and reconciliations including processes and procedures
- Prepare regulatory reporting for US and European regulators
- Prepare monthly reports to head office and financial regulators
- Prepare and calculate taxes for the branch on a quarterly basis
- Upload and reconciliation of the branch income statement and balance sheet to head office global accounting system
- Intercompany reconciliation and matching
- Accruing and booking of branch internal allocation according to the branch economic business plan
- Performing daily profit and loss for the branch
- Accounts payable
- Manual input of salaries at month end
Experience or Educational Requirements
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting or Economics
- Documented knowledge of US GAAP
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) certification is preferred.
- Five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience from working at a US Branch of a foreign bank preferred.
- Experience with regulatory reporting, both US and European
- Documented ability to work analytically and independently
- Documented attention to detail and ability to deliver timely and accurately in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge in MidasPlus or other accounting system preferred.
- Knowledge of US tax regulation preferred.
Understanding and working knowledge of the US regulatory environment and framework, specifically with the application of BSA/AML regulations and procedures and Information Security regulations.
Please contact Dan, or Matt
For more jobs like this, download our app!