We are seeking a qualified Litigation Assistant to join our team. As a Litigation Assistant, you will be responsible for managing the law firm's day-to-day operations, including carrying out administrative services and supporting the legal team. This position's ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving skills, and comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic workplace.
- Perform administrative duties (scheduling calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics)
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes.
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs, and appendices.
- Implement and improve upon administrative processes for more efficient workflow.
- Collect, examine, and organize evidence and other legal documents for attorney review and case preparation
- Draft and proofread correspondence and legal documents, such as pleadings and contracts
- Research regulations, laws, and legal articles to assist with the preparation of reports, case files, and legal advice
- Manage client billing by preparing, finalizing, and sending out bills, as well as resolving billing issues in cooperation with the billing attorney
- Communicate with clients and witnesses to schedule meetings, interviews, and depositions
- Manage, organize, and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing systems
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Associates degree in paralegal studies, a paralegal certificate, or a bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Bilingual English and Spanish. (preferred)
- At least 2 years of experience as an administrative assistant (preferably in a law firm or in a corporate legal department), legal assistant, legal secretary, or paralegal.
- Experience in Personal Injury, WC, Premises, or other injury related practice areas. (preferred)
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, prioritize, handle a fast-paced environment, and manage workload with a great attitude and minimal supervision.
- Great written and communication skills, be proficient in calendar depositions, mediation, and hearings.
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules, and procedures, practices, etc.
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail
- Extensive computer and database expertise, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and type no less than 35 wpm.