Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Security Specialist
for a Contract
assignment with one of our premier Healthcare Services
clients in Jacksonville, FL. Responsibilities
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Provide administration for Micro-segmentation Tools (Illumio and Tetration)
- Recommend, schedule, and apply patches, remove or otherwise mitigate known control weaknesses
- Perform remedial actions as a result of threat and vulnerability assessments or audits.
- Assist with creating, testing, and implementing policy's on network security tools
- Review network traffic and make recommendations based on best practices
- In-depth knowledge on Linux and Unix scripting to troubleshoot known issues
- Basic Knowledge of OpenShift Containerization
- Respond to alerts associated with identified security tools identified in each systems management console
- The ability to train others on the use of security tools and resolution of security issues
- Perform collaboration to support testing and implementing security tools across the enterprise.
- Ensure technologies adhere to baselines outlined by governing bodies, based on each environment requirements
- Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures in relation to Redseal, Illumio, Tetration, and Stealthwatch
- Research, recommend, evaluate and implement information security solutions related to the department
- Monitor and analyze unusual or suspicious activity and make recommendations for resolution
- Serve on projects and initiatives to develop, plan and implement network and distributed system security technologies
- Serves as a liaison with product vendors and service providers in support of application development, operations, network, and privacy teams
- Support information security architectural requirements.
- 3-5 year of related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience within IT Security
- Related Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field or relevant work experience
- Certification: COMPTIA Security+ or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of Information Technology field and computer systems
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to manage tasks independently without close supervision and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Must have an understanding of the systems development life cycle
- Must have advanced security knowledge of the organization's existing platforms, systems, databases, and application security and are able to handle most regular issues independently.
- Advanced analytical thinking, problem-solving, quantitative analysis ability.
- Must have an advanced understanding of Information Security concepts, protocols, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Must have advanced proficiency with RACF, TSO, and tools used to administer security on the mainframe
- Must have advanced proficiency with Active Directory groups and user accounts, Windows folder structures, and folder security.
- Proficiency with Windows skills are required, e.g., Windows Explorer, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Must have advanced proficiency of UNIX/Linux security and tools used to administer security in these environments
- Must have advanced proficiency of LDAP groups and user accounts and tools used to administer security in this environment
- Must have advanced proficiency with database security and tools used to administer security within the various databases, e.g., UDB, DB2, SQL, and Oracle
- Must demonstrate expertise with security management tools
- Strong knowledge of company's business processes is required
- Works without daily supervision to meet customer expectations
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Experience using Agile methodology specific tools, languages, and specialty skills may vary
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at . - provided by Dice