Taegis ManagedXDR - Security Operations Manager
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a global cybersecurity leader that protects customer progress with Secureworks® Taegis™, a cloud-native security analytics platform built on 20+ years of real-world threat intelligence and research, improving customers' ability to detect advanced threats, streamline and collaborate on investigations, and automate the right actions.
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about "what's next." We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team. Role Responsibilities
- Build and develop high performance security operations teams by leading and mentoring people for success.
- Oversee and perform operational monitoring and analysis of the work performed by the team members (team/analyst workload measurements, quality assurance, etc.)
- Act as an escalation point for ManagedXDR deliverables and contribute to root cause analysis reports.
- Collaborate with other teams and their members that are involved in supporting Taegis related services like: Sales, CX, Product, Engineering, Customer Success and Client Situation in order to provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Manage all the administrative processes related to the team such as performance evaluation, timesheet submission, holiday approval based on capacity management, appropriate shift coverage/capacity, internal team meetings sync
- 1+ year experience in a people coordination role & 5+ years of relevant IT experience
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent program in Computer Science, Network Security, Information Security or other applicable field and 5+ years of work experience in the field
- Understanding of threat hunting methodologies using both endpoint and network-based telemetry
- Knowledge performing both endpoint and network-based security investigations
Location: US (remote) -Eastern coast#LI-RemoteUNITED STATES: Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company)
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and maintaining a sense of ownership
- Works independently with minimal supervision; self-starter and highly motivated
- Great leadership and coaching skills
- Ability to have consultative conversations with the customer focused on service delivery concepts, processes even technical investigations.
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.
As members of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.