We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas or take over sponsorship at this time.
About the role:
As an IT Security Engineer, you’ll be an advocate for Enova’s future in IT Security and Compliance. You will have the opportunity to develop, implement and maintain security solutions and mechanisms throughout our corporate and production environments. Additionally, you will be responsible for setting the architectural direction and interfacing with business and technology groups throughout the organization to deliver cutting edge solutions. This role reports to the Technology Manager.
- Provide network and application security focused architectural guidance to IT teams
- Continuously evaluate Enova's infrastructure (on-prem and cloud), propose enhancements and design changes as needed
- Evaluate new technologies and trends, while making recommendations to improve the security of our environment
- Collaborate with Product teams, Engineering, Development, and Compliance to ensure operational readiness of new solutions and ongoing optimization/improvement of existing solutions
- Oversee and develop security standards based on security best practices
- Respond to security incidents, assist with troubleshooting and provide on-call support as needed
- In-depth knowledge of security events management and incident response procedures
- In-depth knowledge of IT security principles along with heavy security operations experience
- Experience with large Linux environments
- Understanding of DevOps principles, tools and the correlation with cloud architecture
- Understanding of infrastructure-as-code and SRE principles
- Familiarity with Cloud security fundamentals (AWS cloud platform preferred)
- AWS Security principles and services, AWS Config, IAM, WAF, GuardDuty and AWS networking from a security perspective
- Comfort with popular scripting and programming language frameworks.
About our team:
Our IT Security Engineering Team works alongside our Systems, Monitoring, Application Engineering, and Network Engineering teams to deliver top notch, secure infrastructure and automation solutions. We are experts in the IT security field, but are also well-versed in networking, applications, development life cycles, and automation techniques. We have passionate debates about technology with consensus in solutions, flexible team structures, an irrelevance of title in problem solving, and a desire to do the right thing.