We are a specialized cloud provider, delivering a massive scale of GPU compute resources on top of the industry's fastest and most flexible infrastructure. Building cloud solutions for compute intensive use cases - VFX and rendering, machine learning and AI, batch processing, and Pixel Streaming - that are up to 35 times faster and 80% less expensive than the large, generalized public clouds.
This role is ideally based out of our NJ Headquarters, but we are open to remote candidates as well.
We are looking for an experienced and talented security engineer to join our team. As part of the Cyber Security Organization, security engineers will work on key parts of our internal infrastructure and application offerings to securely provide high-power compute, safely, securely and reliably. The security engineers will integrate within the engineering function and act as a security liaison between product, engineering and cyber security in order to provide assurance to business & network partners that the capabilities and technologies have been properly secured in accordance with current internal programs' security standards.
This role will report to the Director of Platform Security and is principally based in Roseland, NJ or Brooklyn, NY.
Travel to the other NYC area office (Roseland, NJ or Brooklyn, NY) may be required. Occasional travel outside of these locations may be required (up to 10%) as needed.
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware
- Analyze security systems and seek improvements on a continuous basis
- Install software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions
- Monitor systems for irregular behavior and set up preventive measures
- Report possible threats or software issues
- Test company software, firmware, firewalls, infrastructure setups (including kubernetes environments and bare metal linux hosts)
- Research weaknesses and find ways to counter them
- Find cost-effective solutions to cybersecurity problems
- Understand software, hardware and internal users resource needs while adjusting them according to our unique internal business environment
- Develop best practices and improve security standards for the organization to adhere to while maintaining our internal compliance stance and security posture
- Educate and train staff on information system security best practices
- Assist fellow employees with cybersecurity, software, hardware or IT needs
- Ability to provide solutions to complex issues; handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; set priorities; meet deadlines per project scope
- Demonstrated ability to present complex, technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong time management, good technical writing, presentation, and documentation skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of experience in the cybersecurity industry or related role
- Strong technical background and experience with cyber tooling
- Experience using kubernetes and kubernetes related security measures
- Extensive experience with Linux OS environments
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems as they arise
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines per project scope
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Certifications such as Sec+, Net+, OSCP or other relevant industry certifications.
- An understanding of best practices and how to implement them at a business-wide level
- 5+ years' experience in the cybersecurity industry or related role
- Penetration Testing experience
- Experience with CrowdStrike, OSINT, Threat Intelligence, BURPSuite, ZAP
The Security Engineer works standard business hours, with on-call responsibilities. A fast growth startup, and the selected candidate must be willing to be flexible for when they are needed. There will be times where the Security Engineer needs to be available outside of regular business hours to support critical issues or meetings.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $130,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $215,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
We work hard, have fun, and move fast! The company has entered a stage of hyper-growth that you will not want to miss out on. Today, we are a small, growing team of intelligent, genuine people that value different perspectives and approaches to solving complex problems. We live five core values:
- Be Curious at Your Core
- Act Like an Owner
- Empower Employees
- Deliver Best-in-Class Client Experiences
- Achieve More Together
We support and encourage an entrepreneurial outlook and independent thinking. We foster an environment that champions collaboration and prioritizes innovative solutions to complex problems. As we get set to take off, the growth opportunities within the organization are limitless. You will be surrounded by some of the best talent in the industry. Come join us!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance - 100% paid for the employee
- Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible, full-service childcare support with Kinside
- 401(k) with a generous employer match
- Flexible PTO
- Catered lunch each day in our offices
- Weekly massages in NJ office
- A casual work environment
- Work culture focused on innovative disruption