Security Controls Analyst - REMOTE DC, Washington 20001 Security Clearance:
U.S. Citizen, Current Security Clearance, Secret Skills: Cyber, Security Controls, Incident Response, NIST 800-53 Rev. 4, RTM, SAR, kill-chain concepts and implementation, accreditation of cloud systems
We are recruiting for a Security Controls Analyst
to work in support of a federal government agency. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of experience supporting security operations and implementation and be well-versed in incident response activities.
Prior experience supporting cyber intelligence for a federal environment is preferred. Location Note:
Washington, DC metro candidates preferred; will consider exceptional candidates available to work remotely from a U.S. based location Role and responsibilities include:
- Support program goals through identification, development, and implementation for cyber intelligence concepts and implementation
- Interpret and evaluate Security and Privacy Controls for Federal Information Systems (NIST 800-53 Rev. 4)
- Document NIST 800-53 security control compliance findings within Requirements Traceability Matrixes (RTMs) and Security Assessment Reports (SARs)
- U.S. citizenship
- Current secret security clearance (at a minimum)
- 5+ years of cyber security operations experience supporting incident response concepts and implementation. Candidates will fewer than 5 years of related experience cannot be considered for this position.
- Experience with cyber intrusion kill-chain concepts and implementation
- Certification to meet DoD 8570 compliance for IAT Level III: SANS Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), OR Certified Incident Handler (GCIH) (ISC)2, OR Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certification note: One additional year of cyber intrusion experience (total of 6 years minimum) may be substituted for the certification
- Experience interpreting and evaluating implementations of NIST 800-53 Rev. 4 security controls
- Understanding of NIST Information Security Documents
- Experience with NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) and executing Security Assessments (Step 4)
- Experience developing and promulgating Security Assessment Plans
- Effective communication skills to succeed in a blended contractor and government environment
- Experience documenting NIST 800-53 security control compliance findings within RTMs and SARs
- Experience reviewing and interpreting scans including Tenable Nessus Vulnerability and Compliance, WebInspect, and DbProtect
- Experience developing security assessments and documentation
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adhere to strict deadlines
- Experience with Cloud systems accreditation including FedRAMP and associated documentation and processes
Tallon Recruiting and Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We comply with Form I-9 identity and legal work authorization requirements and utilize E-Verify for Employment Eligibility Verification in accordance the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process can reach us by email at or telephone .
For more information please visit us at . - provided by Dice