- Are you interested in improving patient outcomes through data?
- Are you excited about new technologies and research?
- Do you want to be a part of a dynamic team revolutionizing clinical diagnosis and treatment?
- Dascena, Inc. is a science and technology company in Oakland, CA developing algorithms as predictive indicators for complex conditions in inpatient and emergency medical settings.
- Dascena’s mission is to improve patient outcomes through machine-learning-based clinical decision support (CDS) technology that provides accurate patient diagnosis, prediction, and treatment support.
- Our algorithms monitor electronic health records and analyze trends and correlations in clinical variables to advance the field of health informatics.
- Our NIH-funded machine learning and clinical research has led to our suite of AlgoDiagnosticsTM for predicting acute decompensation, sepsis, acute respiratory distress syndrome, and acute kidney injury, resulting in many peer-reviewed publications.
- We are actively researching new indications and areas where we can make a positive difference in patient outcomes.
- Providers across the country use our AlgoDiagnosticsTM on tens of thousands of patients per year to make early, accurate, and often life-saving interventions.
- You can be a key part of our team and help us continue to build our capabilities, to benefit patients worldwide!
- We are looking for a knowledgeable, positive, self-motivated individual to join our writing team full time.
- We offer the opportunity to work remotely if desired.
- Experience with scientific manuscript writing is required, and grant writing experience is preferred (National Institutes of Health (NIH) and Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) most preferred).
- Please be prepared to provide writing samples of previously submitted scientific papers or grants.
- Researching papers in various scientific fields, and synthesizing complex scientific content.
- Writing, editing and revising manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Writing, editing, revising and submitting grant applications for submission to SBIR programs at various participating federal agencies, including NIH, National Science Foundation (NSF), Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), and Department of Defense (DoD).
- Articulating the intellectual merit and broader impact of projects to target audiences in academic, clinical, and other non-clinical healthcare industry settings.
- Providing support and project management to help develop and prepare proposals, including developing budgets, writing biosketches, drafting and editing research and commercialization plans, and creating plans for the protection of human subjects.
- Liaising with investigators and contract officers at various hospitals and academic institutions for collaboration on grant projects, and establishing contracts for the provision of services.
- Preparing clinical research protocols and trial designs for institutional review board (IRB) approval.
- Preparing proposals for submission to journals and government agencies.
- Working with technical teams to develop new applications.
- Preparing research summaries, white papers, conference abstracts and presentations.
- Scientific manuscript writing experience, with health care or machine learning related experience preferred.
- Outstanding clear and concise writing skills for scientific and technical documents.
- Ability to multitask and quickly prioritize work assignments to deadline.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast paced environment with quick turnaround.
- Excellent communication skills, and a commitment to accurate, rapid, and clear communication and writing.
- Interest in patient health, machine learning, and big data.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum 1 year scientific writing experience.
- PhD preferred. Masters Degree in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, other life science, or relevant background.
- 3 years scientific writing experience, preferably in a healthcare/ research/ academic environment.
- Proven experience writing grants, including NIH SBIR proposals, and/or experience with other funding mechanisms. Evidence of successful grant writing and grant management.
- Ability to work remotely
- Some flexibility in hours
- Authorship on publications
- Writing sample from scientific manuscript or grant
- Cover Letter
Equal Employment Opportunity Notice
Dascena is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment for all qualified persons. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, age, genetics or disability.
Applicants and employees notice of EEO rights are available in our office and online here: