HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You've earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you've worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Scientific Business AnalystLiveWhat you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will demonstrate a balanced portfolio of efficient and innovative solutions to support rapid advances in science processes.
Amgen is seeking a highly motivated Scientific Business Analyst to join the Digital Transformation team in our Therapeutic Discovery organization. Therapeutic Discovery partners closely with a talented Research & Development Informatics team to develop advanced data systems that enable high-throughput discovery and optimization of therapeutic molecules. The role would be based out of Amgen's Thousand Oaks campus.
Our success in informatics is inspired by our commitment to our patients, to our business partners, and to use technologies that deliver critical business value. Further, we at Amgen are building upon our solid protein sciences foundation and long-term commitment to patients by developing a whole new class of novel molecules - and we need top talent to ensure these molecules become medicines and realize their potential for helping patients.Responsibilities
What we expect of you
- Partner and guide the key scientific researchers to translate scientific needs into informatics strategies and solution
- Provide critical thinking and strategic direction to resolve significant technical and analytic challenges in support of research initiatives across domains of molecule discovery and engineering
- Accelerate implementation of Biologics, Data Science, and IS strategy to use data and expand core informatics platforms
- Demonstrate a balanced portfolio of cost-effective and innovative solutions to support rapid advances in science processes
- Effectively communicate with Biologics and IS partners, working multi-functionally across the Biologics and IS organizations to ensure alignment and effective use of the delivered solutions
- Be an active and successful member of our agile teams, translate research needs into a prioritized backlog of impactful user stories, with a focus on continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Apply technical skills and proficiency with data (modeling, querying, analysis and reporting) to understand business needs from a data-first perspective
- Provide technical support & training for users of Amgen's drug discovery research software applications
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is an analyst with these qualifications.
ThriveSome of the vast rewards of working here
- Doctorate degree or Master's degree and 4 years of related experience or a Bachelor's degree and 6 years of related experience. Degree in Biological or Computer Sciences
- Deep understanding of scientific and business processes, technologies, and issues in Biologics generation with a focus on Protein Biochemistry and Analytics
- Ability to communicate technical ideas in common terms to business & technology partners
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the scientific domain expertise to communicate effectively with Scientific Executive leadership, IS partners, and develop Informatics strategies
- Self-motivated individual with high learning agility, innovation, and analytical skills
- Solid team-player with the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment!
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
Apply nowfor a career that defies imagination
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan-comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits-with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.