OUR TEAM: The SAP Team provides world-class support and enhancements to Promega's global SAP environment.
Remote work possible.
JOB OBJECTIVE: As a member of the SAP support team, provide first-level end user support for Promega's global SAP system. Contribute to the planning, design, and documentation of SAP support and security processes. Coordinate activities with other members of the SAP team to achieve business objectives.
1. Triage and intake SAP Incidents and Service Requests. Provide first call resolution when possible and escalate urgent issues and requests to the appropriate SAP functional teams.
2. Complete Service Requests for standard SAP changes using documented procedures.
3. Work with functional areas to author and review support documents including user-facing Knowledge Base (KB) articles.
4. Provision user access in accordance with Promega's security policies. Work with QA Training to ensure Promega's training system is in sync with SAP security changes.
5. Monitor user access and role changes to check for Segregation of Duties risks. Work with Finance and Accounting as well as the business areas to mitigate risks.
6. Participate in SAP initiatives to gather requirements and implement security changes as needed.
7. Work with external consultants as needed to implement security changes or troubleshoot issues.
8. Follow SAP support policies and procedures.
9. Develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT areas to ensure successful implementations.
10. Demonstrate inclusion through words and actions and be accountable for a safe workspace. Act with kindness, curiosity, and respect for others.
11. Embrace and be open to incorporating Promega's 6 Emotional & Social Intelligence (ESI) core principles in daily work.
12. Understand and comply with ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Participate in after-hours business calls with international colleagues.
2. Provide off-hours (24x7) support for software systems as part of an on-call rotation.
3. Participate in periodic security activities such as IT audits, license true-up, access certifications, etc.
4. Complete basic SAP Basis activities such as batch job maintenance, printer locks/unlocks, etc.
5. Create and/or update SAP security roles. Work with business users to test and implement role changes.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associates degree in Information Systems or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
2. 1+ years' overall IT experience supporting SAP functionality.
3. A basic understanding of SAP both from a technical and functional perspective.
4. Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration expertise in team or project activities.
5. Ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner and work around obstacles to ensure team success.
1. Experience participating in at least one SAP initiative.
2. Experience working in diverse teams.
1. Ability to use a computer/Microsoft Office applications
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.