QA Developer (Corporate Information Systems Department)
25 Amica Way
Lincoln, RI 02865
Want to turn your IT expertise into customer solutions?
The feeling is mutual.
Our Lincoln, RI office is seeking Software Development Engineer in Test (QA Developer) who will design, develop, build and execute technical solutions to perform verification and validation activities on a variety of business applications, with a focus on Salesforce. They are expected to maintain and expand their knowledge of QA practices and technical skills that allow them to identify and effectively improve the quality of a business applications.
This position is eligible for fulltime remote work.
- Build technical and application expertise, including the use of existing and emerging technologies, tools, programming, and technology concepts
- Act mostly independently to develop, configure tools, or leverage other application-based solutions for the purpose of ensuring high quality business applications and systems
- Create test strategies, approaches, and test scenarios with clear intent
- Provide project stakeholders with information to influence decisions that will positively impact the quality of application development delivery
- Review business requirements, stories, system designs, and continually seek to understand all facets of application development for the purpose of providing the most efficient and effective technical based testing solutions
- Oversee and guide vendor resources performing similar work
- Provide application developers with feedback during reviews or assistance with enhanced unit testing
- Identify risks, issues, potential defects, or defects in any phase of the project life cycle, managing them through closure
- Support QA and CIS leadership strategies
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology
- 3+ years of experience in test automation or application development
- Salesforce QA experience
- Computer Science, mathematics, or engineering bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or other bachelor s degree with equivalent work experience (advanced degree preferred)
- Proficient computer skills, including knowledge of programming and industry prevalent testing utilities
- Hands on Java experience
- Proficiency in OOP concepts and at least one programming language
- Communicate effectively, in written and verbal formats
- Proficiency with Selenium Webdriver
- Solid understanding of API based web services
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, and the SDLC
Perks and Benefits:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick day
- Competitive salaries and exceptional benefits
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Student Loan Repayment and Tuition Reimbursement programs
- Fitness and wellness reimbursement
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee community involvement
- Strong relationships, lifelong friendships
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.