At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers' dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R25309 Salesforce Developer - Open to Remote Worker!! (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
The Application Development Senior Engineer collaborates with other in the division to provide and maintain applications that meet business needs. Responsible for software design and development for moderate to complex business solutions, providing technical guidance and leadership for specific applications. May take on a lead role on development projects that are small to medium in size and may work under guidance of senior technologists on larger or complex projects. Analyzes system problems and recommends alternatives for resolution. Recommends opportunities to improve system effectiveness and efficiency. Works in a mainframe, client/server, business intelligence, and/or web environment for internally built applications or vendor packaged applications. Job Description:
Application Development (45%)
- Analyzes high level system specifications, system requirements and/or use cases. Converts information into low level specifications and system design plan. Designs and develops moderate to complex software solutions in adherence with I/S standards, methodology and internal controls. Identifies and provides solution alternatives for the defined functional and system requirements when needed.
- Understands and identifies system dependencies. Understands functionality, integration points and impacts of proposed changes to supporting applications. Follows through with options and recommendations.
- Provides appropriate documentation for design decisions, estimating assumptions, code modules, and performance metrics as required by organization standards.
- Defines, conducts, and/or participates in testing (i.e. unit, system integration). Prepares, leads and/or participates in development walkthroughs.
- Collaborates with others regarding effectiveness of systems flow, data usage and manual or automated processes to verify requirements.
- Ensures software development meets standards for programming, design, performance, quality, and security. Identifies and recommends areas for improvement in planning, design, development, and testing.
- Assists in developing recommendations for future development, releases, and enhancements (technical implementations).
Maintenance & Support (35%)
- Provides second-level and third-level support. Troubleshoots problems with supported applications and ensures problems are resolved to client satisfaction. Escalates to senior-level when needed. Provides alternatives for solving identified system problems.
- Repairs, modifies, and develops additional functionality.
- Provides vendor system support.
- Follows and supports change management practices and internal controls standards. Communicates changes and impact to those affected. Assists less experienced technologists in all areas of maintenance and communication.
- Shares knowledge and information with others to resolve problems and build team knowledge.
- Creates and maintains service desk diagnostics and job aids for area of responsibility. Updates and/or reviews with those affected.
Technical Leadership (20%)
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Provides accurate estimates of object(s) size and work effort for software solutions to assigned specifications as an input to work planning. Assists less experienced technologists with estimation.
- Assists and holds others accountable for their commitments. Takes accountability for team deliverables and overall team success; manages own tasks.
- Recognizes and escalates quality, deadline, or deliverable issues within own work environment to team leads and/or management.
- Participates in systems analysis, general systems design, specification development for vendor contracts, and detailed systems design as needed based on expertise.
- Provides technical leadership in the ongoing adoption and development of software engineering procedures, standards and methods.
- Participates in knowledge sharing activities and technical conversations with peers to increase the overall knowledge of software development practices.
Additional Job Information:
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Basic knowledge and understanding of application architecture, design alternatives, and development standards.
- Demonstrated experience communicating technical information.
- Demonstrated experience developing complex software/systems using one or more programming language.
- Demonstrated experience establishing, using and supporting integration and communications technologies between applications, databases and technology platforms.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and estimating project size and work efforts for software solutions.
- Demonstrated experience writing and modeling application system design and program specifications.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Solid Knowledge and understanding of integration and migration strategies and technologies.
This Salesforce Developer will join a team focused on our Salesforce CRM FSC implementation/buildout.
We are seeking individuals with the following experience:
- Salesforce Development experience is required
- Experience developing in Salesforce CRM Financial Services Cloud (FSC) is highly desired
- Knowledge of insurance agency systems is a plus
The following Salesforce Certifications are highly desired:
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Salesforce Platform App Builder
- Salesforce Platform Developer I
- Salesforce Platform Developer II (Highly Desired)
Based on candidate qualifications, we may be open to hiring at different levels in the job family.
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
- We are open to a remote/work from home employee!
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!